+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I adored the scene where the daughter was crying about how she lied to him. You could see (and, as a parent, vicariously feel) the fear rising in Castle as she went through her story about the cab and the rain. When she said, in complete dispair, "I jumped the turnstile!" and wept, I laughed in relief. That was excellent writing. It pulled me in and made me feel what the character would feel. I hope that is the worst thing I ever have to worry about with my kids -- well, something that minor at least as there aren't subways in Mississippi.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;3391294;
    I adored the scene where the daughter was crying about how she lied to him. You could see (and, as a parent, vicariously feel) the fear rising in Castle as she went through her story about the cab and the rain. When she said, in complete dispair, "I jumped the turnstile!" and wept, I laughed in relief. That was excellent writing. It pulled me in and made me feel what the character would feel. I hope that is the worst thing I ever have to worry about with my kids -- well, something that minor at least as there aren't subways in Mississippi.
    it was a good scene then when she confessed i went WHOOSH..and like he said..if that is the worst you have done...lol..
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

I like how he has to worry about both his daughter AND his mom.

Yes--it does take him out of the "cad" category.

I'm hoping we get to see something of the detective's personal life as well. So far it's been all Castle's life.

Btw--sometimes ABC re-runs this show on Saturday night--sometimes....

I haven't seen this week yet (will tonight prob) - but last weeks show hinted at some background with the detective. she obviously has some bad 'relationship' experience in her past.

FORT Fogey

Schmoo--thanks! I hope they do that soon becauae it is starting to feel kind of lopsided.

I suspect we will learn a lot more about Kate Beckett as the series develops. I visualize a Maddy Hayes/Dave Addision type of attraction between Kate and Castle although I think Kate's history is somewhat darker than Maddy's.

As a New Yorker who was involved in the arts in my younger days, I can say Castle is like someone I would have known and liked in real life. He's fun and creative and not too concerned with being conventional, but I find him to be very responsible in ways that count. He raised a wonderful daughter who has great values. He is a caring and understanding father whose daughter has no doubts about his love for her. He's also taken care of his avant garde actress mother and beneath their bickering, you can see the love that's there.

I am delighted that Nathan Fillion is out of Deserate Housewives and into a show that is worthy of his talent. I am getting the urge to pull out my Firefly/Serenity DVD's again. Any show that gives me wit, superior writing, Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin in the same show, and a fascinating speculative future is something I often feel like rewatching.

I'm eagerly looking forward to more Castle.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm enjoying this show, as well, although I am not that thrilled with the depiction of the daughter. She's just a little too perfect for me. They had the same father / daughter relationship on a show called Shark which had James Woods as a shark of a lawyer. The Pollyanna daughter got tiring pretty quickly, so they started showing her rebel side.
    I do enjoy the 2 leads, though, especially Castle. He's very engaging.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

If you are new to Nathan Fillion, google Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along. He plays Captain Hammer. It is absolutely fabulous.

i am really enjoying this show..i wish it was on a bit earlier..10pm-11pm is a bit late considering i get up at 5:30am..however...imo its great and i hope it continues...i've watched every episode since it started..but did i miss something? why is he hanging around the detective? i don't remember a reason given for the two of them to work together....

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3391548;
    i am really enjoying this show..i wish it was on a bit earlier..10pm-11pm is a bit late considering i get up at 5:30am..however...imo its great and i hope it continues...i've watched every episode since it started..but did i miss something? why is he hanging around the detective? i don't remember a reason given for the two of them to work together....
    In the pilot, he was called in to help because there was a serial killer that was copycatting the murders in his mystery novels. When he helped solve that, he got permission to follow Detective Beckett around as research on a new character he was creating since he had killed off the detective in his first series of books. That's a shorthand version, but it covers the basics, I think.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread