+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 128 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I thought it was really a nice tribute as well. I am really looking forward to this week though to see just how much Castle pokes fun at Grey's Anatomy and like shows (in a very humouring way of course!).

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Tonight's show was very awwww. BUT why would the drug lord's brother give them a clue how to find the DA who was working with the doc if he thought it would lead back to them? That made no plot sense....
    Loved the look Castle gave her at the end after the break out of jail comment.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4086881;
    Tonight's show was very awwww. BUT why would the drug lord's brother give them a clue how to find the DA who was working with the doc if he thought it would lead back to them? That made no plot sense....
    Loved the look Castle gave her at the end after the break out of jail comment.
    Yeah, that was just silly.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this episode. Especially the ending.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I loved last night's aliens from space show, especially when Castle spoke Chinese and told Beckett he had learned it from a television show a few years back. Another fun homage to Firefly.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4106849;
    I loved last night's aliens from space show, especially when Castle spoke Chinese and told Beckett he had learned it from a television show a few years back. Another fun homage to Firefly.
    That gave me a giggle! I love that the producers let him throw in those little references.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I never watched this show before, but for some reason I had it on last night in the background, half-following, and looked up just in time to see that part. I think I'm going to have to catch up on this show!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4106906;
    I never watched this show before, but for some reason I had it on last night in the background, half-following, and looked up just in time to see that part. I think I'm going to have to catch up on this show!
    It's really fun--enjoy!

Gratuitous approval! We thought the exact same thing! But I hated when DH figured it out before I did! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4106906;
    Oh girl....you really need to! It's a terrific show. Lot's of humor, chemistry and interesting cases. Not to mention the family dynamic Castle has at home. Even the supporting cast if fabulous! There are just so many dimensions to this show....it's never boring.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4107429;
    Oh girl....you really need to! It's a terrific show. Lot's of humor, chemistry and interesting cases. Not to mention the family dynamic Castle has at home. Even the supporting cast if fabulous! There are just so many dimensions to this show....it's never boring.
    I agree...and all you need to know for background is that Castle (mystery writer) lives with his daughter and mom (a somewhat ditzy actress) and is divorced (from an even ditzier woman), and thanks to his in with the mayor has received permission to trail around with Beckett and her team as they solve cases, and in the process bonding with them. There's clearly an attraction between Beckett and Castle, so far not acted on, even though his book character based on Beckett (Nikki Heat) is attracted to a Castle like character (Rook) in his books. He seems to be both a great dad and son, able to get along with everyone--not at all a "dark" character. It is a very enjoyable show with interesting cases.

+ Reply to Thread