+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 128 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by herdfan84;3384860;
    I caught that! I liked that they gave us a little more background on the mother of his daughter and how many times he has been married. I also liked his line when he was signing the waiver forms and the attorney told him to have his own attorney look over them - something to the effect that his attorney's job wasn't to keep him from getting into trouble but to get him out of trouble. I was also impressed how the character was very emotional when he watched the best friend in the laundry room and it gave him a new appreciation for his own daughter.

that's exactly how i felt last night..i watched last week and last night...i never watch these type of shows on TV but i thoroughly enjoyed this...i do not like the camera work in alot of shows..the quick close up shots then quickly moving to another shot of someone else..makes me dizzy...

i'm hoping it stays around for a long time...another poster mentioned its comparison to Moonlighting..another great series imo

i've never heard of Nathan Fillion...i love his humour and i loved his emotional side that we saw last night...great show

Saw it for the first time last night and enjoyed it. While the mystery was predictable, I thoroughly enjoyed NF's character. I like the interplay with the female detective and with his mother. What authors, besides Sue Grafton, were in last week's episode? I didn't see it. Thanks.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3385051;
    Saw it for the first time last night and enjoyed it. While the mystery was predictable, I thoroughly enjoyed NF's character. I like the interplay with the female detective and with his mother. What authors, besides Sue Grafton, were in last week's episode? I didn't see it. Thanks.
    Stephen J Cannell and James Patterson.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3385151;
    Stephen J Cannell and James Patterson.
    THanks. I like both their books.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

interesting show tonight....didn't have a lot of the smart aleck sarcasm I like but good anyway
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Premium Member

I'm stuck recording it so Mr. Marleybone can watch Ax Men. All I saw was the dead body in the boat, so I'm anxious to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3390979;
    I'm stuck recording it so Mr. Marleybone can watch Ax Men. All I saw was the dead body in the boat, so I'm anxious to watch.
    2 tvs and 2 recording devices will solve that problem.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I thought all the stuff with his daughter was sweet.

I think that'shy they kept the banter to a minimum--to point up his relationship with his daughter in light of the case they were investigating.
    Last edited by steppemaster; 03-24-2009 at 04:28 AM.

FORT Newbie

I love the relationship between Castle and his daughter. I think that if we didn't see their interaction he would appear to be a womanizing cad - a hot one - but still a cad. This makes him appear more human and caring. There are times that she seems to be the adult and him the child. Out of all three of them - Castle, daughter, and his mom - the daughter is the most mature. Definitely adds to the charm.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3380659;
    I feel a Firefly/Serenity marathon coming up this weekend.
    "Firefly" was a cult type show that ended before its time which I saw first on video. The sequel movie made after the series ended was great too.

I LOVED that show and was sad when it was over. I've been a Nathan Fillion fan since then and am thrilled that he has a great new character in "Castle". I hope that it continues to live up to its promise.

Sidenote: Before I saw Firefly I thought that Jason Bateman played the husband in "Desperate Housewives". I must not be the only because, in a recent tv interview Nathan divulged that he is often mistaken for Jason Bateman. They had the two pictures side by side and imo they could have been twins, with Nathan being slightly younger, in shape and better looking. It was strange. Now I wonder if JBateman will be mistaken for Nathan Fillion.

+ Reply to Thread