+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I luv'ed how Castle's daughter looked like mini Beckett. The actress playing his daughter has some acting chops.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This show keeps getting better to me . Last night was great, I loved how Castle's daughter had her own little "mystery" to wrap up. And I think the mysterys themselves are even starting to improve (which are not really the main attraction of this show, to me). Last night actually kept me guessing. I figured out the corporate spy part only a minute or two behind Castle (when it was clearly obvious), and the fiancee being a "double agent" surprised me. I knew I didn't trust her, but I couldn't figure why I also liked how the murder victim turned out to be a good guy after all. And Castle in the morgue..."Dude you are so busted"
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Last night's show was amazing. Well no, not amazing because the quality of this show no longer amazes me, but is now expected.

The look of pride and love that Nathan Fillion conveyed as Rick looked at his daughter in the last scene was perfect. The throwaway delivery of the exchange between them of "Did you sign my permission slip?", "Haven't you learned to forge my signature yet?", "Credit cards, yes; permission slips, no," could not have been more entertaining.

There is nothing about Castle I don't like, but I am waiting for the return of the poker game with his mystery writer friends.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Loved last night's episode--as always. I really do like what they are doing with the daughter character--and how well she is being acted.

BTW--I have figured out the perp quite early in the story for a number of weeks now. I won't tell here how I've been able to do that but if anyone is interested please PM me and I'll tell you how it can be done.

Some people want to figure it out early and some people don't.
    To each their own.

Loved that the fake fiancée last night was played by Don Draper's fling this season on Mad Men, Miss Farrell (actress Abigail Spencer).
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3756468;
    Loved that the fake fiancée last night was played by Don Draper's fling this season on Mad Men, Miss Farrell (actress Abigail Spencer).
    Wow!
    I wondered who she was. She looked a lot better on this show than on MM. Perhaps, because I so dislike her character on MM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3756462;
    Loved last night's episode--as always. I really do like what they are doing with the daughter character--and how well she is being acted.

BTW--I have figured out the perp quite early in the story for a number of weeks now. I won't tell here how I've been able to do that but if anyone is interested please PM me and I'll tell you how it can be done.

Some people want to figure it out early and some people don't.
    To each their own.
    Wind, I usually figure out this and my favored mystery books through deduction. With TV shows, it's very often based on the actor / actress who is guest starring on the show. But, it does seem to work a majority of the time.
    If, however, you've discovered some new scientific or non scientific way, then please share with us inquiring minds that want to know!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3756468;
    See, and for me she's Becca from All My Children about a million years ago!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3756515;
    OMG!!! That's where I recognize her from . I knew she looked familiar, but couldn't place her. Thanks, Critical!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3756515;
    Becca Tyree I believe There's so many prime timers out there who to me, will always be whatever character they played eons ago. The blonde ADA on L&O was Mel's daughter (OLTL) for the entire time she was on
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread