+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 128 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I think they'd be crazy to cancel, too, but then I always thought NBC was crazy to put Leno on 5 nights a week.

I am just going by the article I saw and by the actual overnight Nielsen ratings (see below) - what the stations go by as their Bible. Castle is doing better than Leno, but CSI: Miami continues to dominate.

10:00 CBS CSI: Miami 4.0/11 13.83
    ABC Castle 2.5/7 10.72
    NBC The Jay Leno Show 1.2/3 3.97
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I love this show too, much to my surprise.
    Before it started & we got bombarded with promos, I figured I'd hate the show & hate the lead character Castle even more, but I gave it a try. I was so happy to be wrong wrong wrong.
    The show is fun, exciting & all the characters are likeable & entertaining.

The fact that it's on right after Dancing with the Stars makes it even better. I don't even have to watch the time or turn the channel.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

With as popular as Castle seems, can you believe it didn't receive a single Emmy nomination? What's that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by jette66;3747233;
    With as popular as Castle seems, can you believe it didn't receive a single Emmy nomination? What's that all about?
    Newer shows are very often passed over for more tried and true shows - if this show continues into a 3rd season, there will likely be noms for the leads and and/or Susan Sullivan.

Maybe with Monk gone it'll get recognized next year - IDK
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3748945;
    Newer shows are very often passed over for more tried and true shows - if this show continues into a 3rd season, there will likely be noms for the leads and and/or Susan Sullivan.

Maybe with Monk gone it'll get recognized next year - IDK
    I sure hope it does, because it deserves accolades for sure. Everything about this show is terrific. From the music choices, to the acting, writing, cast and plots. I can't think of a single thing this show is missing except maybe a romance, but we see glimpses of that with Castles mother and daughter, so it's not really missing even that.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

what I like about this show is that it's very human and we're seeing human relationships without them having to be sexual relationships.

I'm gonna try a spoiler tag

Click to see Spoiler:
    Alyssa Milano will make an appearance in 2010 as an ex of Castle's that will not go over well with Beckett - it's a one show appearance, for now
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

Does anyone know if you can get a copy of that dress that Beckett wears to the formal party in Season 1's Home is Where the Heart Stops? I just LOVE that dress and I can't find any information on it or it's designer. Clues anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3750739;
    what I like about this show is that it's very human and we're seeing human relationships without them having to be sexual relationships.

I'm gonna try a spoiler tag

Click to see Spoiler:
    Alyssa Milano will make an appearance in 2010 as an ex of Castle's that will not go over well with Beckett - it's a one show appearance, for now
    Castle is my favorite show for now. And thanks Anders332 for the information. Sounds like that will be an interesting episode.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie98642;3751446;
    Does anyone know if you can get a copy of that dress that Beckett wears to the formal party in Season 1's Home is Where the Heart Stops? I just LOVE that dress and I can't find any information on it or it's designer. Clues anyone?
    TV Guide does a section where people ask where to buy things they've seen on shows....you might try that.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.

Anybody else getting the feeling that daddy's little girl might choose law enforcement as her college major? She seemed to have a knack for it.

Loved tonights episode. I'm enjoying seeing his daughter more. I like how Beckett is interacting with her more, as well. It kind of leaves the door open for a good step-mother/daughter relationship when the series winds down.

When the series began, I thought it was going to go in the direction of Castle having mommy issues. He wasn't enthused to have her living with him. As the series moves along, it's quite the opposite and I couldn't be more thrilled. At first they made it seem as if he didn't really care for his mother, but now, you can see the love and affection there. It explains a lot about his abilities as a father. The dynamics of this show just floor me.

+ Reply to Thread