+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 128 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

FORT Fogey

Re: Castle on ABC

JavaJo--I liked that aspect of the story too--how much he cared fabout the sister.

I found that a surprising--and welcome--plot development which also devolopes his character. Very different from most crime-oriented shows that only use their secondary characters as disposable plot-drivers.

I am really lovin' the writers of this show!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Hein;3745330;
    If you're a Firefly/Serenity fan, you know that Captain Tightpants was nicknamed such for a very good reason. I was looking for a reprise... but...

Did it seem to anyone else that the camera angles seemed deliberate in their attempts NOT to show any closeups of the famous behind, or the front beltline? Maybe Castle has put on a few pounds?

(Anyone remember that famous scene of Mal in the desert sitting on a rock in the beginning of the episode??? )
    But of course, I do. The episode was titled Trash. That same episode was the one where we saw him re-enter Serenity in rear view wearing absolutely nothing while the entire crew got the front view. I think it was Kaylee t hat first called him Captain Tightpants. Absolutely hysterical.

And yes, I do think Nathan has added a few pounds since then, but he still looks good to me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3745568;
    But of course, I do. The episode was titled Trash. That same episode was the one where we saw him re-enter Serenity in rear view wearing absolutely nothing while the entire crew got the front view. I think it was Kaylee t hat first called him Captain Tightpants. Absolutely hysterical.

And yes, I do think Nathan has added a few pounds since then, but he still looks good to me.
    If I were younger, or he were older, and we were both single (because I adore my husband, but, just saying...) Yeah, I'd hit that.

Calling all Castle fans,
    I just read online somewhere that Castle is one of the shows that may be in danger of being cancelled. Sounds like last season and now, this season, have been pretty touch and go for it.
    I hope the report is wrong. I find it a light hearted and enjoyable show that features a teenager who actually gets along with her father. I love it for that alone.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Castle was given the go ahead to have a full season of 20 or so episodes. TPTB would not have done that if their was any question.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

They better not cancel it. I finally have a "can't miss" show. I don't watch it on DVR like I do pretty much everything else. I watch it when it's on. Commercials be damned.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Breaking News - ABC is Monday's No. 1 Non-Sports Network | TheFutonCritic.com

[11.03.09 - 02:07 PM]
    ABC IS MONDAY'S NO. 1 NON-SPORTS NETWORK
    Released by ABC
    [NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Take for Monday, November 2, 2009 (National Live + Same Day Program Ratings)

ABC is Monday's No. 1 Non-Sports Network, Beating CBS by 3.0 Million Viewers and NBC by 9.2 Million Viewers

"DWTS" Is Monday's Most-Watched Series Program for the 7th Week in a Row

"Castle" Dominates NBC's "Jay Leno" With its Largest Margins to Date in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 for the 2nd Straight Week

Monday Night (8:00-11:00 p.m.)

ABC stood as the night's most-watched non-sports network (14.4 million) on Monday, beating CBS by 3.0 million viewers (11.4 million) and NBC by 9.2 million viewers (5.2 million).

With those kind of stats I very much doubt Castle is going anywhere.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3746992;
    Breaking News - ABC is Monday's No. 1 Non-Sports Network | TheFutonCritic.com

With those kind of stats I very much doubt Castle is going anywhere.
    This is GREAT news, thanks for posting Bearcata. I LOVE this show, it's my can't miss show this season!

I read something online within the last week that said the ratings are way up this year. They'd be crazy to cancel.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I wouldn't mind if they put this earlier in the evening (like at 9 here) - I do dvr it, and the times I can manage to stay up to watch I do.
    I love this show.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread