+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 135 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I was wondering the other day if there was a thread for this recent addiction and low and behold: here it is!
    This is, for me, must see tv. It's intelligent, witty and so cleverly acted. Every character contributes to the whole to make a supremely entertaining show. I haven't enjoyed watching this much since the first season of Lost.
    (Is that eough praise?)
    It seems as though Castle is the one who always solves the cases. Is this true or has it just been that way the times I've watched?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3739126;
    Got my book today, anxious to read it!! of course, I did turn to page 105 and that was it

glowing 'recommendations' from James Patterson and Stephen Cannell on the book jacket.
    And WAS it a sex scene?

Also at the recommenders! Very clever....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3739143;
    I was wondering the other day if there was a thread for this recent addiction and low and behold: here it is!
    This is, for me, must see tv. It's intelligent, witty and so cleverly acted. Every character contributes to the whole to make a supremely entertaining show. I haven't enjoyed watching this much since the first season of Lost.
    (Is that eough praise?)
    It seems as though Castle is the one who always solves the cases. Is this true or has it just been that way the times I've watched?
    I wouldn't go quite that far, but he certainly always contributes I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3739197;
    And WAS it a sex scene?

Also at the recommenders! Very clever....
    first line on page 105

Nikki lead him wordlessly into her bedroom and set the candle on her dresser . . .
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3738890;
    Anyone notice the reference to Underworld? and Buffy the Vampire Slayer? That was cute. That's what I like about this show, they drop all these references to pop culture. It's great if you get it and if not it just sounds like witty repartee.
    Slipping pop culture references in add so much to my enjoyment. It makes you feel as if the characters are in fact part of the same world you live in.

Farscape, another of my favorite shows, did this with pure genius and was one of the reasons I adored Ben Browder. Even most of the episode titles were pop culture references.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3739200;
    first line on page 105
    Whoo hoo! On my Christmas list... Definitely want to support this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3739270;
    Slipping pop culture references in add so much to my enjoyment. It makes you feel as if the characters are in fact part of the same world you live in.

Farscape, another of my favorite shows, did this with pure genius and was one of the reasons I adored Ben Browder. Even most of the episode titles were pop culture references.
    Ah...another fav cut down too soon by the executioners over at the SyFy channel for being too smart.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

I found this in an article on the MSN homepage in the tv section, about the character costumes. They mentioned Castle's costume as well.
    Esposito looked like a soldier, exactly like portrayer Jon Huerta’s Generation Kill character, Espera, and Ryan was a doctor; seemingly unoriginal but actor Seamus Dever played docs in General Hospital and Army Wives.
    I thought that as neat.

If you're a Firefly/Serenity fan, you know that Captain Tightpants was nicknamed such for a very good reason. I was looking for a reprise... but...

Did it seem to anyone else that the camera angles seemed deliberate in their attempts NOT to show any closeups of the famous behind, or the front beltline? Maybe Castle has put on a few pounds?

(Anyone remember that famous scene of Mal in the desert sitting on a rock in the beginning of the episode??? )

I loved how he really cared about the drugged out sister. He was so worried about her. He's supposed to be this womanizing cad, but you never really see him 'womanizing'. Sure, he looks, but the minute Beckett walks in....his attention goes directly to her. He's such a softie.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread