+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 128 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

FORT Fogey

Re: Castle on ABC

Loved this episode--especially the stuff about his daughter and her friend--and their "egg."

But I didn't get any of the references--I didn't get to watch his previous series. But I'm glad they threw those in for people who did get it.

I especially like the info they gave about the disease of Porpheria which started the myth about vampires. It's thought that King George III of England had it too--which accounted for his very "eccentric" way he handled the Revolutionary War in the Colonies.

I love that this show gives real and factual info in its stories.
    Writers after my own heart!

Loved Castle last night - the writers did not disappoint. My fave is always Castle and his adorable, goofy character (man boy) and the way Beckett reels him in. He squealed like a girl when they opened the casket! While the vampire storyline was intriguing, they did a fascinating job of weaving the murder plot into the storyline. And then there is a "babysit the egg" project in the middle of the vampire story?

Great ending with Castle dressed up rather handsomely like Edgar Allen Poe holding his raven -- Beckett comes in dressed in what looks like only a trench coat and Castle's eyes are glued to her as she opens it then out pops a spring monster -- Beckett simply says "got you" Castle responds "I am giving you the bird" as he holds up his raven!

ETA: Very clever to bring Castle out in dressed like Captain Mal (Firefly) Nathan's previous series. While it went over my head, props to the writers for their sense of humor and detail! Keep it coming!
    Last edited by MiniDiva; 10-27-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Wonderful show, wonderful writing. I love Nathan (goes without saying in most cases) - and the interaction with his daughter. It definitely makes the characters more real. I didn't like the mother for much of the first season but have warmed up to her.
    This is for sure one of my don't miss shows. I record but still stay up and watch. And then watch it again to catch things I have missed.

I loved the first few minutes. Mal!!!! And the daughter's lines about his wearing it 5 years ago "Isn't it time you moved on?"
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

I just love this show. I think it's my favorite of all the ones I watch. I know this because I DVR everything and then FF through commercials. But with this show....I can't wait. I watch it while it airs... Commercials and all!

Loved the 'giving you the bird' line at the end.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I've yet to see a bad or even a less than entertaining episode of this series. Kudos to them for giving us a new glimpse of Captain Mal (Tightpants) Reynolds. It prompted me to start watching my Firefly/Serenity DVD's yet again. I think I shall have to add this series to my collection.

More kudos to how they handled the situation with Alexis' friend and to Rick's parenting. And once again, Detectives Esposito and Ryan addedd seamlessly to the show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I, too, loved how he didn't cave in about calling the parents ... very responsible and not "fun dad". I'm dealing with teenagers now and felt really bad for her when her friend/partner "accidently" killed the eggbaby. I was drafting an email to the teacher in my mind!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3738654;
    I, too, loved how he didn't cave in about calling the parents ... very responsible and not "fun dad". I'm dealing with teenagers now and felt really bad for her when her friend/partner "accidently" killed the eggbaby. I was drafting an email to the teacher in my mind!
    I had to do the egg baby thing in high school. We didn't share duties though. One egg per student. About halfway through the week, I dropped mine while getting off the bus. The worst part? I was a teenage mom...I already had a real baby! Luckily, I never cracked his egg. He's almost 20 now and I manged to keep him alive, as well as his two brothers. But I got a lot of ribbing for it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Anyone notice the reference to Underworld? and Buffy the Vampire Slayer? That was cute. That's what I like about this show, they drop all these references to pop culture. It's great if you get it and if not it just sounds like witty repartee.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3738654;
    I was so afraid he was going to cave in! Not that we should look to tv for parenting role models, but too many people do, and I wanted to continue to like the character. I was happy he stayed firm and did the right thing. I like him even more now.

I've yet to see a bad or even a less than entertaining episode of this series. Kudos to them for giving us a new glimpse of Captain Mal (Tightpants) Reynolds. It prompted me to start watching my Firefly/Serenity DVD's yet again. I think I shall have to add this series to my collection.

More kudos to how they handled the situation with Alexis' friend and to Rick's parenting. And once again, Detectives Esposito and Ryan addedd seamlessly to the show.
    I hadn't really thought about it, but it's true that I have yet to see an episode that wasn't entertaining. That's pretty rare.

I only started watching the show in the beginning because I loved Firefly and Captain Reynolds, but I love this show on it's own. Love the references to other shows and culture. It reminds me of Buffy in that way and it really adds that something extra to a show.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3734062;
    I just ordered it on Amazon!! *along with a few James Patterson novels - I love his stuff.
    Got my book today, anxious to read it!! of course, I did turn to page 105 and that was it

glowing 'recommendations' from James Patterson and Stephen Cannell on the book jacket.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread