+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 128 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I'm just curious if this is some kind of hoax or not. Have any of you heard/seen/read about 'Richard Castle' actually publishing Heat Wave in the real world? I saw that it was on the Barnes and Noble best seller list and it is actually written by Richard Castle.

Heat Wave, Richard Castle, Book - Barnes & Noble

I just thought it was weird that they would actually write and publish the book.
    Last edited by CaliLily; 10-22-2009 at 12:23 AM.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3733579;
    I'm just curious if this is some kind of hoax or not. Have any of you heard/seen/read about 'Richard Castle' actually publishing Heat Wave in the real world? I saw that it was on the Barnes and Noble best seller list and it is actually written by Richard Castle.

I just thought it was weird that they would actually write and publish the book.
    There was some discussion about it upthread when the book was first released.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

CaliLily--Hi. There's been an ad for the book at the end of several episodes in the apst few weeks with a website to go to and calling it a "New York Times bestseller."

I suspect there is some info abouit it on ABC's regular website--which I think might be the website url they give. Don't know for sure though--and I don't record anything so I can't check it out.

Don't forget to check out page 105!!!
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3733665;
    Don't forget to check out page 105!!!
    Can't miss the steamy scene!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Ooh, I thought it was page 103, but I probably misheard. Wlll have to make a note of that when I rewatch the episode.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3733888;
    Ooh, I thought it was page 103, but I probably misheard. Wlll have to make a note of that when I rewatch the episode.
    103...105...Either way...just read the whole chapter. Then reread it. Rinse. Repeat...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

I just ordered it on Amazon!! *along with a few James Patterson novels - I love his stuff.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

You'll have to let us know how it is! If it's any good, I might just have to pick up a copy.

Great episode this week! Even though I knew about Castle dressing up like Mal, I still squealed when he came out in the costume. Loved that little quip from his daughter: [something like] "Didn't you wear that, like 5 years ago?" "There aren't any cows in space."

I was over the Underworld references. Who staked the "vamp?" Of course, it was a Lycan! Talking about Lucian dying =

We've talked about it before, but it's Castle's family that keeps the character from being a total stereotype. He really is a good dad who is raising a really good kid. I liked that he didn't let her friend off the hook and called her parents.

I was waiting the whole episode for Castle to break that egg!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread