+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 128 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3732355;
    Grat to see Debi Mazar in the agent role. She's such a good actress.
    I missed the relationship between the 2 little boys in the hospital.Were they switched at birth? I thought that the boy died when he was about 3, correct?
    I understand that the Dr. switched out his kid for the one that was perfect (his lover's), but when was that done?
    TIA
    Are we sure she was ever his lover? I thought maybe that was just a cover. I thought he just knew her from work, maybe even was her doctor, and knew her son was ok. There were 3 little boys born the same day; he knew his would be sick from the amnio, but had never told his wife, so he just switched his with another right there in the nursery, maybe even before she saw the child. Maybe they looked more similar at birth. Given most men's attachment to their own DNA I thought that was pretty amazing.... Raising someone else's child to make your wife happy. Of course if they were both his own kid not so surprising, but I didn't really see evidence that there was an affair.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3732635;
    Are we sure she was ever his lover? I thought maybe that was just a cover. I thought he just knew her from work, maybe even was her doctor, and knew her son was ok. There were 3 little boys born the same day; he knew his would be sick from the amnio, but had never told his wife, so he just switched his with another right there in the nursery, maybe even before she saw the child. Maybe they looked more similar at birth. Given most men's attachment to their own DNA I thought that was pretty amazing.... Raising someone else's child to make your wife happy. Of course if they were both his own kid not so surprising, but I didn't really see evidence that there was an affair.
    I agree, pws. I thought he "admitted" to the affair to throw the detectives off the real motive for his actions in trying to get to the mailbox. It worked, too, until Castle noticed the discrepancy in the dates and payment of rent.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3732635;

Actually they said--very quickly near the very end of the show but before the reunion--that the victim had suspicions about the doctor and that's why she got a job at the hospital--so she could commence checking on im.

So yes the affair was the doctor's cover story--the real story was that the victim was trying to figure out what happened to the boys when they were infants in the hospital--and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3732923;
    Actually they said--very quickly near the very end of the show but before the reunion--that the victim had suspicions about the doctor and that's why she got a job at the hospital--so she could commence checking on im.

So yes the affair was the doctor's cover story--the real story was that the victim was trying to figure out what happened to the boys when they were infants in the hospital--and why.
    I know the victim was dead, but I wish they had given us something that made us believe that she knew there was a switch. I know she went to work at the hospital - but how did she figure it out on her own?? The doc said he changed the charts. I guess I wonder what gave her the idea that her baby was still alive and that Zane was hers.

Small plot point and I normally don't care with this show, but they tidied up a lot of loose ends, except for that one.

I thought it was going to be the wife over the affair - so I didn't see that coming at all.

Love the Beckett/Castle stuff last night - top notch!!
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Anders--I agree with you. I would have liked some explanation for how she might have guessed that. I think that all they said was that "she had some suspicions right from the start" or something like that.

As a writer I can see how it would be hard to be more specific than that. As a viewer I would like to know!

I watched the end of the last episode with tears in my eyes and my hand over my mouth. The actress playing the wife and mother usually has the 'bad guy' or 'spoiled rich girl' role, so I suspected her in the beginning. To see her as the wronged party and for her to let the biological father into her son's life was unexpected. When she asked what her biological child was like, I almost lost it. I am even tearing up just writing about it now. What an excellent episode. This is truly my favorite show.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

I just read two day brighteners. First one is that ABC has picked up Castle for a full 22 episodes this season.

The second is that the actors will all dress up for the Halloween episode and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Nathan will be appear as a character he's played in the past. Rumor says that it will be Mal Reynolds. I hope that's true.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3733199;
    I just read two day brighteners. First one is that ABC has picked up Castle for a full 22 episodes this season.

The second is that the actors will all dress up for the Halloween episode and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Nathan will be appear as a character he's played in the past. Rumor says that it will be Mal Reynolds. I hope that's true.
    Great news about the show being picked up and I LOVE that spoiler!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Florimel--thanks for that good news!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3733043;
    I know the victim was dead, but I wish they had given us something that made us believe that she knew there was a switch. I know she went to work at the hospital - but how did she figure it out on her own?? The doc said he changed the charts. I guess I wonder what gave her the idea that her baby was still alive and that Zane was hers.

Small plot point and I normally don't care with this show, but they tidied up a lot of loose ends, except for that one.

I thought it was going to be the wife over the affair - so I didn't see that coming at all.

Love the Beckett/Castle stuff last night - top notch!!
    I thought that the way that they covered that issue was by bringing in the complaint against her from several years earlier. After she started working at the hospital, she found that there were three children born that day. The boy in the park that she was talking to when the mother complained was the third one. He wasn't her child, so the doctor's child had to be, and that's why she started working on getting close to them.

As for suspecting a switch, wasn't the thing that the child died of hereditary, and she and her husband didn't have it?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread