+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 145 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282132 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Gee I thought "Shut the Front Door" was a nice way of saying "Shut the f*** up".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3728697;
    Gee I thought "Shut the Front Door" was a nice way of saying "Shut the f*** up".
    it is!! my sil thought for sure she coined the phrase! it fit so perfect when she said it.

I agree with Bearcata's comparison. That's what I always took it as, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3728697;
    Which said in that disbelieving tone of voice, means...are you freaking kidding me? Same thing. I was just trying to say it in a nice way...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

OMG! Last night's show blew me away! I never saw that coming. They did such a good job of keeping my attention on the Castle/Beckett relationship and then on the various women suspects that I had completely fogotten about the person who ended up being the murderer.

As to why the murder occurred? Absolutely fascinating.
    And the ending with the two parents--jsut stunningly acted. Actually under-acted which gave it even more power to move us.

Just when I thought they couldn't top themselves....they went and did it anyway.

Absolute marvelous episode, but that doesn't come as a surprise. What did was the motive for the murder. I never saw that one coming.

Beckett again looked fantastic at the book opening event. Kudo's to the costume designer of this show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Grat to see Debi Mazar in the agent role. She's such a good actress.
    I missed the relationship between the 2 little boys in the hospital.Were they switched at birth? I thought that the boy died when he was about 3, correct?
    I understand that the Dr. switched out his kid for the one that was perfect (his lover's), but when was that done?
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3732355;
    Grat to see Debi Mazar in the agent role. She's such a good actress.
    I missed the relationship between the 2 little boys in the hospital.Were they switched at birth? I thought that the boy died when he was about 3, correct?
    I understand that the Dr. switched out his kid for the one that was perfect (his lover's), but when was that done?
    TIA
    Yes, they were switched at birth, but that was because the doctor knew that his baby, the sick one, would probably not live past the age of three. He didn't want his wife to go through that, so he switched them. The victim took the sick baby home and raised him until he died.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3732365;
    Yes, they were switched at birth, but that was because the doctor knew that his baby, the sick one, would probably not live past the age of three. He didn't want his wife to go through that, so he switched them. The victim took the sick baby home and raised him until he died.
    Many thanks, Florimel

Enjoyed the episode a lot, especially at the end when Beckett realized Castle was going to continue at the station.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I really enjoyed the episode, but I actually did see the baby switch thing coming. In the beginning when the victim's husband showed a picture of him and his wife with the baby, I thought "That baby doesn't look a thing like either of them." Then they showed the blond Talbots with that dark-haired, dark-eyed little boy. Yes, that sort of thing happens with genetics, but on TV it was a little too convenient.

I just watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog again. I'd forgotten how funny Nathan Fillion was in it. So happy he's finally seeing some success after so many years in the business.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread