+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 128 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Wind Dancer, you're talking about the brown piece at the bottom of the screen when the camera pans down after the books are shown, right?

I paused it and also enlarged it, but I could not tell what the items were. My first thought kind of agrees with yours. I thought it might be a bar and I thought I saw a wine glass at the right side, but none of it was clear. I'm going to try to watch for what is in that room when we see it again. Maybe we'll get a better shot.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I am so upset that I haven't been able to watch this show this season. It is on too late (11 pm) where I live that I always fall asleep. Out Canadian channel carried it last season at an earlier time and I used to catch it then. Wish I could watch it on line. Still like coming here to read about what happened though. Thanks for discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3727360;
    he was on Seventh Heaven -Played Martin, a character in the later years of the show. (Ruthie's crush)
    Thank you thank you thank you! I knew he was so familiar!

Quote Originally Posted by march;3727894;
    I am so upset that I haven't been able to watch this show this season. It is on too late (11 pm) where I live that I always fall asleep. Out Canadian channel carried it last season at an earlier time and I used to catch it then. Wish I could watch it on line. Still like coming here to read about what happened though. Thanks for discussing.
    you've heard about that new invention right - it's called a VCR - works very well, you may want to check it out - I'm in Atlantic Canada, so if not for the VCR I would'nt be able to watch it.

Shut the Front Door!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3727584;
    Wind Dancer, you're talking about the brown piece at the bottom of the screen when the camera pans down after the books are shown, right?

I paused it and also enlarged it, but I could not tell what the items were. My first thought kind of agrees with yours. I thought it might be a bar and I thought I saw a wine glass at the right side, but none of it was clear. I'm going to try to watch for what is in that room when we see it again. Maybe we'll get a better shot.

Florimel--Hi. Yes--that's it. Thanks so much for your input on it.

I happened to be watching a cooking/gourmet show the other night and at one point someone held up a whiskey bottle and I thought--Boy that really looks like what we can't clearly see. Same color and what seemed to be same shape.

I wish they didn't keep reminding me.

Yet another thing I love about Castle is the way it teaches lessons through humor.

Last week, I cheered out loud when Nick gave his lesson about grammar and the proper use of language.

Then I started thinking about Alexis. Here is a teenage girl who:
    1) Has a healthy interest in boys, but it's not the focal point of her life.
    2) Clearly loves her father, even when they disagree. She does not think that he is useful only for providing her with food, clothing, shelter, and spending money.
    3) Is interested and involved in school. She wants to learn and become an educated, contributing adult.
    4) Does not have a drug problem, an eating disorder, or body image issues.
    5) Has never said the word, "Whatever."

How often do we see that kind of role model in today's television?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I totally agree.
    When I first saw the show, I thought she might be too perfect. But then, as it evolved, I see that she's the perfect counterpart to her grandmother and father.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3728361;
    you've heard about that new invention right - it's called a VCR - works very well, you may want to check it out - I'm in Atlantic Canada, so if not for the VCR I would'nt be able to watch it.

Shut the Front Door!!

Wow really? It's so hard to keep up with all the new technology these days. I'll have to check it out.
    Not sure what shutting the front door has to do with anything though.

It was a line from the last show - normally when someone says something unbelievable the comment is 'shut up' (not in the normal shut up meaning) Beckett said 'shut the front door' on something Castle said that was unbelievable. it was really a cool comment.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by march;3728569;
    Wow really? It's so hard to keep up with all the new technology these days. I'll have to check it out.
    Not sure what shutting the front door has to do with anything though.
    Shut The Front Door is what Beckett said to Castle and the detectives when they told her the heiress' dad owned the exact model of gun used to kill the guy in the tent. It's basically another form of "shut up" or "get out" or "are you serious?".....sort of a disbelieving statement. Just not as rude as "shut up".

I agree about Alexis. She reminds me a lot of Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls. Mature for her age, witty, but not snarky and worried about her education. Rory was just like that until Jess came to town...lol. Love both of the characters....Rory and Alexis.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread