+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 135 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

FORT Fogey

Re: Castle on ABC

JavaJo-thanks so much for the description. Let me think about that and roll it around in this foggy mess I call my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3709397;
    JavaJo-thanks so much for the description. Let me think about that and roll it around in this foggy mess I call my brain.
    When they panned to her, my first reaction was ...I should know who that is! But it alludes me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I googled female mystery writers but no one looked familiar
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I only saw Castle with 2 male mystery wriers - Connelly and Cannell.
    Was it a really quick shot, because I didn't see anybody else in that room playing poker?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

PWS
    FORT Fogey

There was definitely a woman there, and she was definitely younger than the guys---don't like this trend that the women never speak, he never consults with them!! Definitely not in keeping with the rest of the show/his relationships with the women in his life!

That was a pretty thorough recap...just one thing I think left out...the dead guy was being a drug mule because he'd gotten in deep with the gamblers (whom he was playing with in a desperate move to make enough money to keep his middle class lifestyle afloat and not have to tell family he'd been fired, while he looked for a new job) and was desperate to pay them off as they were threatening to kill him as an example to other deadbeats. Which they did (strangled him and through him off the building), not realizing that he was already working to pay them off by being a drug mule. He was supposed to show up for a meet with the drug guys but didn't because the Russian gamblers had already caught him...so the drug guys had to steal his body to get the drugs out of him.
    Meanwhile his insurance had lapsed, mortgage not paid, and poor middle class wife had no idea...so she was totally financially ruined. Husband didn't tell her because he had the philosophy that a man does what a man has to do to take care of his family....
    Ths stuff with Castle and Beckett was quite sweet.
    I'm not sure he can let it go though....he's found other similar murders to her mom's..... Can we say serial killer? If there continue to be more that fit that category won't he (and she?) feel compelled to catch the guy to stop him?

I posted a message on the Castle discussion group asking if anyone knows who the woman is. Maybe she was just a hired dealer, but I would not think they'd have one at a home game. I'll let you know if I find out anything more.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Florimel, thanks.
    In the meantime, does anybody know if they repeat Castle?
    They don't show the latest epi on ABC, either.

Ok. It's online at ABC now. If you blink, you will miss her. She is a much younger actress with long dark hair. Not a mystery writer, so that's probably why she says nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3709631;
    Florimel, thanks.
    In the meantime, does anybody know if they repeat Castle?
    They don't show the latest epi on ABC, either.
    I'm not sure what you mean. I'm rewatching that full episode on abc.go.com right now, and I'm sure it'll be up for a few weeks.

The woman is definitely playing poker, not dealing. I'm wondering if she may be a professional poker player rather than an author, but she's not one of the ones I know. Shall keep digging.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thank you JavaJo and all for the highlights. That makes it much easier for me! I don't need to search youtube, etc now and I can just watch the next episode on tv.

+ Reply to Thread