+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 128 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I really wanted to watch this, but my TV had other ideas for last night. I did not get to watch a single NEW show last night. Fortunately Heroes, and House I can catch online, but this one I cannot (because I'm Canadian and we can't watch on the American sites).

Can someone please, pretty please, provide me with highlights of the episode?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3708998;
    I really wanted to watch this, but my TV had other ideas for last night. I did not get to watch a single NEW show last night. Fortunately Heroes, and House I can catch online, but this one I cannot (because I'm Canadian and we can't watch on the American sites).

Can someone please, pretty please, provide me with highlights of the episode?
    Middle class white guy is found in dead....in a tree. He was pushed off a nearby building and landed there. Turns out he was laid off from his job, didn't tell his wife or kids, was living off credit cards and whatnot. A guy he knows set him up as a drug mule. Anyway, while Castle was riding to the morgue with the body and the ME (Beckett is still mad at him over him prying into her mothers case so this was punishment...lol) they got pulled over by armed, masked gunmen and they stole the dead body. It reappeared a bit later, evicerated. The thugs highjacked the body to recover the cocaine. They apprehended the thugs and they gave up a man in the russian mob who hangs in Chinatown. Castle went undercover as himself......to play poker and see if he and the other detectives in the surveilance van could figure out the perp. He got cocky, gave too much away and was held at gunpoint by the guilty party. Beckett had to sex up her outfit and use a russian accent to save his hide.

Then Beckett told him that was the last case and basically showed him the door. At the end, the daughter gave wise words of advice about saying sorry and he went back and apologized to Beckett (sincerely) for snooping into her business. As he was leaving, she called his name and said...I'll see you in the morning. I may have missed somethings but I think all the key points are there. Oh...and they showed another card game with the mystery writers.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3707911;
    I didn't realize until today when I saw an ad on ABC that "Castle" was starting tonight!

I watch ABC often at different times of the day/evening and am surprised they have advertised Castle so little.

IMO it does not bode well for the series which I really like a lot.

\
    Wind Dancer, they have been promoting the He** (ck) out of Castle. You must be blowing through your DVR recordings! LOL We've been looking forward to this for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3708568;
    Now that you mention it, I think you are absolutely right. I hope they continue to have additional writers on the show and to keep Cannell coming back. He seems to like acting, and I thought he did quite well.

There was a woman in that room, too, whom I did not recognize, nor can I find a credit for her. Does anyone know who she is?
    Thank you! I kept asking Mr. Hein "Wasn't there a woman in the scene? Was she just a card shuffler???"

JavaJo did a great recap. We watched Monday's premier on Tuesday, because Mr. Hein is an amateur astrophotographer trying to get great shots in between South Florida rainstorms. It's not pretty. But it's exciting... 21 years on 9/23.

Connelly Cannell, Patterson and Grafton were all in the first season as Castle's poker playing buddies, Sue didn't speak a word. I tried to find a credit for whom ever the woman was at the table but I couldn't find anything and I didn't recognize her. I loved this first show and how Castle partially redeemed himself, thanks to the clue from his daughter. Becket said she wouldn't change her mind but his charm worked. That was a very thorough apology too!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I could not find a credit for her for the dark-haired woman, nor could I find one for Sue Grafton last year, probably because neither one had any lines. However, I did hear that Grafton will show up sometime this season, too.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Hein;3709223;
    Wind Dancer, they have been promoting the He** (ck) out of Castle. You must be blowing through your DVR recordings! LOL We've been looking forward to this for weeks.
    Mrs. Hein--thanks so much for that info! I don't have a dvr yet--but I work the heck out of my remote. I thought I watched a lot of ABC--but I must not have been watching much in the past few weeks.

Thanks for those encouraging words! I'd hate to see this sries go the way of "The Unusuals."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3709272;
    I could not find a credit for her for the dark-haired woman, nor could I find one for Sue Grafton last year, probably because neither one had any lines. However, I did hear that Grafton will show up sometime this season, too.
    Wow--I must have blinked because I didn't see a woman in that scene!

Can someone describe her? I am pretty familiar with a lot of female mystery writers so if I have a good description I may be able to ID her from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3709282;
    Wow--I must have blinked because I didn't see a woman in that scene!

Can someone describe her? I am pretty familiar with a lot of female mystery writers so if I have a good description I may be able to ID her from that.
    Long dark hair....kind of wavy or curly....they didn't show her but for a second. On the thin side. Youngish....I'd say 30's early 40's at most.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread