+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 128 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3708255;
    Castle's apology brought tears to my eyes! I'm so glad this show is back!!!
    LOL! It brought a silly grin to Castle's face walking away . . . the games are on! Let the season of sexual bantering begin! I love the characters on this show and just want to reach out and hug Castle he is so adorable. The writers are brilliant for coming up with the greatest one-liners and zingers! Great entertainment! Love it!

GA: Beckett and Castle, the real actors are Canandians! What is it about those Canandians that draw us to them?

JavaJo: ITA! This show is so much fun to watch!

WindDancer, Us East Coast viewers can use "spoiler alerts" and white out spoilers on show night if that would help.

Loved the episode. The chemistry between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic is wonderful. She is showing acting ability and comedic talent to match his. I also love the Castle's family dynamic. Here are three generations who live togther. love each other, and accept each others talents and flaws.

I was happy to see the reappearance of real mytery authors Stephen J. Cannell and Michael Connelly as Castle's friends. It lends so much credibility to the character as a successful author.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3708492;
    Loved the episode. The chemistry between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic is wonderful. She is showing acting ability and comedic talent to match his. I also love the Castle's family dynamic. Here are three generations who live togther. love each other, and accept each others talents and flaws.

I was happy to see the reappearance of real mytery authors Stephen J. Cannell and Michael Connelly as Castle's friends. It lends so much credibility to the character as a successful author.

I had just finished Michael Connelly's latest book last night, so It was great to see him on the show last night. And, having seen both Connelly and Cannell in person pretty recently, it was interesting to see them both last night.

I thought last season's opener was James Patterson, Cannell and Sue Grafton.
    I've not seen Connelly on this before.
    Do you remember, Florimel? Thanks
    Last edited by norealityhere; 09-22-2009 at 03:05 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3708509;
    [/B]

I had just finished Michael Connelly's latest book last night, so It was great to see him on the show last night. And, having seen both Connelly and Cannell in person pretty recently, it was interesting to see them both last night.

I thought last season's opener was James Patterson, Cannell and Sue Grafton.
    I've not seen Connelly on this before.
    Do you remember, Florimel? Thanks
    Now that you mention it, I think you are absolutely right. I hope they continue to have additional writers on the show and to keep Cannell coming back. He seems to like acting, and I thought he did quite well.

There was a woman in that room, too, whom I did not recognize, nor can I find a credit for her. Does anyone know who she is?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3708568;
    Now that you mention it, I think you are absolutely right. I hope they continue to have additional writers on the show and to keep Cannell coming back. He seems to like acting, and I thought he did quite well.

There was a woman in that room, too, whom I did not recognize, nor can I find a credit for her. Does anyone know who she is?
    Thanks.
    I only remember Castle sitting with Cannell and Connelly. I don't recall seeing a woman at the table with them. I must have missed that.
    Last season they had Sue Grafton.
    I'm hoping they get Janet Evanovich. She's a hoot. I've seen her in person numerous times, and several of those times with Cannell, and she is as 'out there' as her characters!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Hmmm--I thought Michael Connelly was on last season. He's one of my fave mystery writers so I think I remember being thrilled to see him there. I could just be imagining that however.

Also--wanted to say I like the plot maneuver by which they brought back the tension between Castle and Beckett--Castle's investigation of her mother's murder.

Before that the two characters were getting too comfortable with each other and the initial tension that made watching the two characters so interesting was fading.

Good writing. I admire the way all the writing is done on this show but I like that plot development especially.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3694164;
    ^ What kind of accent [does Stana K have]? She was born in Canada & I would presume she has a Canadian-type accent (which I've never really thought of as strong, personally).
    According to WiWikipedia, Stana was born near Toronto but her parents were Croatian immigrants, and she speaks English,French,Italian, and Croatian. If she has an accent it may be because she learned English primarily from parents who had a strong Croatian accent when she was a toddler.
    She also moved back and forth between Canada and the US as she was growing up. Was some of her time in Canada in Quebec province?

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Oh, and hope ABC will let me see last night's episode on their website too. The converter box on my old analog TV was acting up last night and the pic and sound kept getting interrupted, so I sort of almost got to follow what was happening last night, just barely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3708735;
    Oh, and hope ABC will let me see last night's episode on their website too. The converter box on my old analog TV was acting up last night and the pic and sound kept getting interrupted, so I sort of almost got to follow what was happening last night, just barely.
    The full episode is up there now for vieweing, Ellender.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3708492;

Thanks for pointing out the cameo appearances . . . I totally missed who they were and need to rewatch the show. That was a brilliant maneuver by the producers. You are so right that it does lend credability to the show to have the writers appear. This tells me that this show has excellent backing and has the potential for longevity.

As much as I would love Castle and Beckett to connect . . . the fun is watching the little mind games they play with one another which sustains their characters on the show.

What a refreshing show! Love it!.

+ Reply to Thread