+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 128 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3693006;
    It's scheduled for September 21, Miss_Griss.
    Thanks, Florimel.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Newbie

Did anyone see Stana Katic when she was on Craig Ferguson - it's been a while ago? Is it just me or does she have a very strong accent? Obviously, she "disguises" it in her acting and does a good job at it, but when not in character it is definitely there.

CCL

^ What kind of accent? She was born in Canada & I would presume she has a Canadian-type accent (which I've never really thought of as strong, personally).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

This is for anyone who has never seen Nathan Fillion in Firefly, which was about 17 years ago and his body was even better than it is now. If you go to IMDB and bring up Firefly, you will see a link to free online full episodes of that show, including Serenity. They will expire in 17 days, so now would be the time to take a look. Bear in mind that in a couple of episodes, Nathan appears totally "out of uniform" if I make my meaning clear.

In any case, Firefly was a fantastic show and my first introduction to Josh Whedon, so I thought I would share.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3694295;
    This is for anyone who has never seen Nathan Fillion in Firefly, which was about 17 years ago and his body was even better than it is now. If you go to IMDB and bring up Firefly, you will see a link to free online full episodes of that show, including Serenity. They will expire in 17 days, so now would be the time to take a look. Bear in mind that in a couple of episodes, Nathan appears totally "out of uniform" if I make my meaning clear.

In any case, Firefly was a fantastic show and my first introduction to Josh Whedon, so I thought I would share.
    So Firefly was before Buffy? For some reason I had assumed that it came after.

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely watch. I've been wanting to see it.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3695668;
    So Firefly was before Buffy? For some reason I had assumed that it came after.

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely watch. I've been wanting to see it.
    Gee, I though I had edited that post to change it from seventeen years ago to seven years ago. I really don't know when Buffy aired; the whole vampire thing just doesn't do it for me, but Firefly ran from 2002-2003 and the followup closure film, Serenity, was 2005.

I'll be eager to learn if you like it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3695849;
    Gee, I though I had edited that post to change it from seventeen years ago to seven years ago. I really don't know when Buffy aired; the whole vampire thing just doesn't do it for me, but Firefly ran from 2002-2003 and the followup closure film, Serenity, was 2005.

I'll be eager to learn if you like it.
    Wow, 2002-2003! That was the last year of Buffy and I think Angel was still on then, too. Joss was a busy boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3694295;

Or invest in the DVD series, well worth it. And the "OOU" episode in particular was well worth the price (Trash). DH just informed me that the episode was never aired, at least according to the DVD case. (Probably because that tatoo on his thigh was inappropriate? )

I also think Serenity is well worth purchasing on DVD. Never can get enough of River's fight scene near the end. She is fierce in a dress!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Hein;3705841;
    Or invest in the DVD series, well worth it. And the "OOU" episode in particular was well worth the price (Trash). DH just informed me that the episode was never aired, at least according to the DVD case. (Probably because that tatoo on his thigh was inappropriate? )

I also think Serenity is well worth purchasing on DVD. Never can get enough of River's fight scene near the end. She is fierce in a dress!
    Completely agree, Mrs. Hein. I bought the series and Serenity quite some time ago. I've watched it several times over and will again. The DVD's also show the episodes in the sequence Josh intended rather than the sequence Fox thought its audience would better understand.

Meanwhile, I am on pins and needles waiting for the new season of Castle to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3705895;
    Completely agree, Mrs. Hein. I bought the series and Serenity quite some time ago. I've watched it several times over and will again. The DVD's also show the episodes in the sequence Josh intended rather than the sequence Fox thought its audience would better understand.

Meanwhile, I am on pins and needles waiting for the new season of Castle to begin.
    We have watched the series and the movie no less than 4 times in the last year, and I always catch something I missed previously.

I'm on edge, too. Wondering what's going to happen with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the possible renewed investigation into Beckett's mom after Castle got his forensics expert involved, and how this will affect Castle and Beckett's association

There's an obvious sexual tension between them. I hope the writers don't exploit that too soon. Every series that has the lead characters hook up (Cheers, Moonlighting, etc) always loses my interest. Guess I've seen TOOOOO many office romances flame up and flitter out to think it will go well on TV. Just 73 hours and 20 minutes more! (Plus a 20 minute DVR pause for commercial-free viewing!)

+ Reply to Thread