+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 128 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3425035;
    Florimel: So what do you know about the overall early odds of Castle being picked up? How can we, as viewers, find out about the chances of this EXCELLENT show being picked up for next season?
    I don't know too much, unfortunately, but I do know that there is a Finale and Footlong campaign going on at Subway, a major Chuck sponsor. We're supposed to go to Subway by the finale date (which is tomorrow) buy a $5.00 footlong and leave a note in their suggestion box. I've done it already and I know it's a growing grass-roots campaign of the type that has worked to save other shows.

Here's a link I found that explains it: Can Subway Save Chuck? Campaign One of Many Fervent Crusades
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3425073;
    I don't know too much, unfortunately, but I do know that there is a Finale and Footlong campaign going on at Subway, a major Chuck sponsor. We're supposed to go to Subway by the finale date (which is tomorrow) buy a $5.00 footlong and leave a note in their suggestion box. I've done it already and I know it's a growing grass-roots campaign of the type that has worked to save other shows.

Here's a link I found that explains it: Can Subway Save Chuck? Campaign One of Many Fervent Crusades
    i was part of the campaign to get the 2nd season of Jericho and along with sending CBS "nuts" thousands of people sent snail mail..emails telling sponcors they would "boycott" their products if they didn't tell CBS to listen to their viewers...and most people believe it was the NUTS that got the 2nd season but it wasn't it was the millions of letters sent to sponsors...thats where you really hit and hurt a network...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Does anyone know the ratings that Castle has garnered? Are there active fan sites for the show, other than the ABC site?

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3426830;
    Does anyone know the ratings that Castle has garnered? Are there active fan sites for the show, other than the ABC site?
    The futoncritic.com tracks the actual Neilson ratings and attempts to explain them.

I felt really sad for Susan, the burn character at the end of the show. She should not be going to jail for defending herself against an attempted murder charge. Justice is better served by her staying out (of jail) and continuing to support the captain's family.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3429795;
    The futoncritic.com tracks the actual Neilson ratings and attempts to explain them.

I felt really sad for Susan, the burn character at the end of the show. She should not be going to jail for defending herself against an attempted murder charge. Justice is better served by her staying out (of jail) and continuing to support the captain's family.
    We can hope that she gets off fairly lightly... But she did take part in (was an accomplice to) the blast which (accidently) killed the captain. Even if she didn't intend for him to die, legally in most states she'd still be responsible. And while the statute of limitations might have run out on the blast it probably didn't on the death of the captain.

That actress ("Susan") certainly gets around! I still think of her as Donna from that legal show that had Tyne Daly as the social worker/mom of the judge (blanking on name), but since then she's popped up in guest spots everywhere, some serious, some comedy. It shows it IS possible for a non-glam female to make a living in acting...though it sure isn't common.
    Last edited by PWS; 04-30-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3430251;
    We can hope that she gets off fairly lightly... But she did take part in (was an accomplice to) the blast which (accidently) killed the captain. Even if she didn't intend for him to die, legally in most states she'd still be responsible. And while the statute of limitations might have run out on the blast it probably didn't on the death of the captain.

That actress ("Susan") certainly gets around! I still think of her as Donna from that legal show that had Tyne Daly as the social worker/mom of the judge (blanking on name), but since then she's popped up in guest spots everywhere, some serious, some comedy. It shows it IS possible for a non-glam female to make a living in acting...though it sure isn't common.
    The captain did not die in the blast. He was paralyzed and burned. Everyone thought that Susan had died.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3430323;
    The captain did not die in the blast. He was paralyzed and burned. Everyone thought that Susan had died.
    Oh, right, duh!!! How could I forget... well, in that case maybe all the statutes of limitation have expired and she really will get off lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3430479;
    Oh, right, duh!!! How could I forget... well, in that case maybe all the statutes of limitation have expired and she really will get off lightly.
    I think considering that she had spent the last 20 yrs helping to support the man she injured is a really big step in the right direction. If I was on the jury I would let her go.

Nice Castle last night. There is one more episode to go, the finale is on 5/11/09. Has anyone heard if the show has been renewed??

Great show last night! Castle is acting like a love sick puppy with this love triangle - does anyone know who the other guy actor is? This show is too good to cancel as it one of the freshest scripts and fantastic one-line zingers we have see on TV in a very long time!

+ Reply to Thread