+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 128 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I have not gotten into a new show this much since Grey's Anatomy debuted, and I like this even more. It's got EVERYTHING and is only getting better! Even my husband is making this can't miss t.v. What gem, I hope the ratings are huge. The writing, production values, delivery of the lines, and general casting simply could not be better. LOVE IT, love it!! It's good to see Susan Sullivan, playing the mom, back on t.v. She is fantastic as his mother. How funny was that when she turned up at the auction. This show is such a gem.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3419478;
    Weeeell, I liked Spike better, and Wesley especially as he grew into being a rogue demon hunter.Ah,,,Castle's on gotta go and watch.
    Yes, there was a lot of eye candy on that show!
    Castle was really funny last night... but once again I didn't like her dress that much. Sigh...I'm obviously out of touch if everyone else has liked them.
    I agree, the bit with the windsheild wipers was inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3419478;
    Weeeell, I liked Spike better, and Wesley especially as he grew into being a rogue demon hunter.Ah,,,Castle's on gotta go and watch.
    Don't forget Gunn. He was pretty hot too.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fanatic

I loved when Castle described his first ex-wife as "a crazy aunt with a credit card".

I love, love, love this show. I have been a Nathan Fillion fan for ages without even knowing it...every time I come across him...like in Waitress, I think, what a great actor, what a hottie, and then forget until the next thing I see him in....well Castle has made a lasting impression and NF is imbedded in my brain for good!

Love Beckett and daugher Alexis as well, but Susan Sullivan is a prize. I saw her last year in a play and she is beautiful in person. What a great comedic actor!

All in all, it is my must see tv. Now, if they just keep it on the air...

I loved the swordplay with Castle and his daughter ... that was so cool.

Loved the Sleestacks comment, it had me singing the Land of the Lost theme song in my head. "Marshall, Will, and Holly ... on a routine expedition ... and the greatest earthquake ever known ... (aaaaaahhh!! as they go over the waterfall)"

Loved the dress, loved the payback from old-school jewel thief, absolutely lost it when he was in the car and attacked with the window wipers. We had to rewind and watch several times ...!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I just finished watching and I laughed my butt off just like the rest of you when Castle turned on the windsheild wipers... also him sitting there all alone in the car singing pah-nah-nah-nah-nah to himself. I didn't like Becket's dress but it looked good on her. Susan Sullivan is hilarious! I love the interaction of the characters.. especially when they 'one-up' each other.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3421190;
    I just finished watching and I laughed my butt off just like the rest of you when Castle turned on the windsheild wipers... also him sitting there all alone in the car singing pah-nah-nah-nah-nah to himself. I didn't like Becket's dress but it looked good on her. Susan Sullivan is hilarious! I love the interaction of the characters.. especially when they 'one-up' each other.
    Yes, that windshield wiper reaction was absolutely hilarious and perfect for the character. It was after that that my dh agreed that this show is can't miss t.v. It's a perfect show for it's time slot, ending at 11 EST, just before my bedtime.

FORT Fogey

Does anyone here watch the Bob Saget show that comes on before Castle and after DWTS?

I don't--IMO it's awful--and I liked Saget in all the other shows he's done.

I'm just worried that ABC is losing viewers after DWTS because of Saget's show and then they don't come back for Castle.....

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3421551;
    Does anyone here watch the Bob Saget show that comes on before Castle and after DWTS?

I don't--IMO it's awful--and I liked Saget in all the other shows he's done.

I'm just worried that ABC is losing viewers after DWTS because of Saget's show and then they don't come back for Castle.....
    Is that not just one of the worst shows you've ever seen in your life????? The ONLY reason I suffer through it is because it comes on in between DWTS and Castle. This is usually the time where I get everything ready for the next day so that I can go to bed as soon as Castle goes off. Going straight to bed after watching Castle can lead to some very interesting dreams

I have to say I agree about Surviving Suburbia. It's dull and unfunny, but nothing will draw me away from watch Castle. Like all good shows, Castle has great writing, great lead characters, and a wonderful group of supporting characters.

For comedy, I'll take Big Bang Theory.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread