+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118119120121122123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1299
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Having rewatched the episode now knowing in advance how it would end, I am even more disappointed in the writers. It was all quite a bit of fun until they the ending they came up with. I can only hope that they don't use the old horse that Castle sustained a head injury and can't remember anything.

They seem to use using the "if we let them get married, there won't be any more story for them" excuse. I think that's absurd. It certainly didn't prevent Hart to Hart from a long, entertaining, and successful fun. I expected so much more.
    As I watched, I was thinking...finally...they will get married. Ugh! I was so disappointed. I hope the season premiere will be a...wedding. If the writer's would just understand that with a marriage, there would be some really good and interesting story lines.
    I was thinking of McMillian and Wife.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    As I watched, I was thinking...finally...they will get married. Ugh! I was so disappointed. I hope the season premiere will be a...wedding. If the writer's would just understand that with a marriage, there would be some really good and interesting story lines.
    I was thinking of McMillian and Wife.
    So was I. Another great example that worked. You can go all the way back to Nick and Nora Charles, or to Agatha Christie's Tommy and Tuppence. Actually, the only married couple I can think of that really did not work well were Maddie and David on Moonlighting, whick was mostly because the two actors couldn't stand each other. Yet, that is the example everyone points to regarding why tv couples should get be married.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I can only hope that they don't use the old horse that Castle sustained a head injury and can't remember anything.
    That's gone through my mind too. People get amnesia quite easily on TV shows.
    I hope they don't go there.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I agree that the cliff hanger was a lame move on the part of those running the show. Talk about not knowing your audience and what they want! After all that Becket and Castle have been through (and we with them), a nice calm, happy marriage would have been lovely.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

How have I missed this show? My options are pretty slim this week, and I ended up watching it one night, so I've now seen about 8 episodes. (Hey, there's not a whole lot to do in a hospital.)

Now I have to figure out how to watch all the seasons I've missed. I really enjoyed the episodes I've seen, even knowing that I jumped in somewhere toward the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    How have I missed this show? My options are pretty slim this week, and I ended up watching it one night, so I've now seen about 8 episodes. (Hey, there's not a whole lot to do in a hospital.)

Now I have to figure out how to watch all the seasons I've missed. I really enjoyed the episodes I've seen, even knowing that I jumped in somewhere toward the middle.
    I think TNT is airing back episodes. They do show 3 or 4 episodes at a time and mostly in order so it is a great way to catch up. Also ABC is airing multiple episodes on Mondays and Sundays you just have to check a TV schedule.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Show started back up tonight, and I have to say I was going "Huh?" through most of it. They made what would be a simple abduction into a mystery that he was gone for two months and has no memory of the event?

Seriously, as far as he's concerned, he was hit by the car, knocked unconscious and work up a few hours later, but it was two months.

I hope this is a short and sweet couple of episodes arc and continue to build the relationship up again after this missing time. It just was a way out in left field event and it would be a bad replacement for Kate's dead mother if it's kept on too long like that storyline was.

Still love the show, but there are some days I wish they'd go back to some things such as the card games with the authors (they really just stopped it when Stephen Cannell died, but there was a charm about it they could've brought back stories of his writing shows, such as "Greatest American Hero" - to keep it ABC related, and such), and the one episode murder mysteries.

Rate this is going, this may be the show's last season, which would be sad if this is the way they're going with the final season.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, at least we know he can't turn up pregnant by a mystery inseminator... Shades of soap land.

I haven't watched my tape yet... just came here to get a quick fix before bed...
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, at least we know he can't turn up pregnant by a mystery inseminator... Shades of soap land.

I haven't watched my tape yet... just came here to get a quick fix before bed...
    No, but I COULD see him think that for a brief moment knowing now that he's lost two months of his memory.

I really just think this is a huge risk and if they pull it out the whole season and longer... it could be more hurtful than helpful.

Of course there IS the face that they are attempting to bring back "Greatest American Hero" on Fox, and if Nathan Fillion wants to be in that as the lead (though IMHO it'd be the only reason for me to watch it - I'm not too impressed with who's writing the pilot), and it gets a series, they'd have to wrap up Castle pretty soon. It's also been on 9-10 seasons, which means it has to make a change from normal at times and soon or it won't last longer.

I didn't mind the new plot twist at all. At least since Castle turned up OK & still himself. I also liked that the guy who ID'd him turned out to be an imposter, proving that there's some kind of set up going on. I'm interested to see where it's all going.
    However, I also hope this is handled in the first 3-4 episodes at most. I don't want another "Somebody Killed Her Mother" show dragger. I hated that. It sucked the life out of the show.

When people were saying that he was trying to stage his death & run away from his life, I kept waiting for someone to say: "He'd never leave Alexis!" Above & beyond everything & everyone else, their bond has been a huge point all through the series. That to me would be the biggest giveaway.
    PWS likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread