+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

ABC had renewed Castle for season 7 .... initially it looked as if ABC was going to cancel Castle after this season.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm glad they get one more season post wedding...maybe even a baby Castle on the way...
    JLuvs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm glad they get one more season post wedding...maybe even a baby Castle on the way...
    I just remember what that guy from the future said about Castle and Beckett having four kids ...
    PWS likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

They better get started though....Castle has a daughter in college and he's not portrayed as that much older than Beckett.... Unless he was counting her... and maybe Ryan and Espocito!
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

If this does become the final season, it will be a hard show to replace for me. It has everything I want in a show: great characters, each of whom has a really well developed back story, high drama, intelligent humor, character and actor chemistry, interesting stories that cover both new and classic themes, pop culture, and I'm forgetting some, I'm sure. I am hoping we see some resolution between Rick and his dad before the end.

I never have minded the Beckett's mother story. It gave a great raison d'etre for her character to be exactly who she is and they devoted only two or three episodes per season to that story. The only real miss for me ever was the whole Pi story. It just didn't make sense for such a radical change in Alexis. Fortunately, it didn't last too long.
    nanarama likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Just finished watching last week episode just in time for the wedding. I am glad they wrapped up Beckett's mother's murder storyline and didn't drag it up ad nauseum like some other shows do ... cough, cough, The Mentalist ... Red John.

Without spoiling, I have to say wow what an episode. Haven't seen those in a long time.

Now, the next part I'm putting in spoilers to protect those who haven't seen it yet (and yes, I will say here too you have been warned ):

Click to see Spoiler:
    Given how this cliffhanger occurred - one I haven't seen since say the likes of "Falcon Crest's" first season cliffhanger murder or "Who Shot JR?" - something tells me they had two endings planned in case they canceled Castle. One would've been a happy ending for the couple being married, the other one this one that appears Castle has died in a fiery car crash. I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt they'd had this be the last scene we'd seen for the actual show if it had been canceled.

But I have to admit - that is how you do a cliffhanger. Haven't seen a good one like that in a long time.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Without spoiling, I have to say wow what an episode. Haven't seen those in a long time.

Now, the next part I'm putting in spoilers to protect those who haven't seen it yet (and yes, I will say here too you have been warned ):

Click to see Spoiler:
    Given how this cliffhanger occurred - one I haven't seen since say the likes of "Falcon Crest's" first season cliffhanger murder or "Who Shot JR?" - something tells me they had two endings planned in case they canceled Castle. One would've been a happy ending for the couple being married, the other one this one that appears Castle has died in a fiery car crash. I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt they'd had this be the last scene we'd seen for the actual show if it had been canceled.

But I have to admit - that is how you do a cliffhanger. Haven't seen a good one like that in a long time.
    Totally agree about your guess as to endings. However,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    slightly spoiled the suspense when they said tune in next fall for further adventures of Beckett and Castle! Kind of implies he survives! Yay! Not that I thought he wouldn't.
    If you've seen today's show feel free to read these spoilers....we are only doing this for the Midwest and West Coast time slots!

I liked this dress better....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

By the way... if anyone watched Bones tonight...too much
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't want all my happy couples torn apart and their preview looked as if it will replicate the Castle cliffhanger.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Dammit!!

I also preferred this dress.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread