+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2575115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1276
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I'm hoping tonight's episode means the last of the Beckett's mother/corrupt senator storyline. It was nice to see her finally get what she needed to arrest him.
    PWS likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I'm hoping tonight's episode means the last of the Beckett's mother/corrupt senator storyline. It was nice to see her finally get what she needed to arrest him.
    I think it is for one main reason - to have him return and cause all this stress and the like on Beckett would essentially jump the shark. That much corruption and crime and such should put him in a jail that he can't escape from. (well that and we still have that female assassin running around who can open up a new storyline on her own).

And the way this episode was written, it clearly reads this is the end of the storyline. It was too well done to keep having a loophole in the story to bring it back. It really should be anyway, because it takes away focus on the fun, silly and yes even serious story lines because we see that angst all the time in Beckett on some of them. Now that the angst has been released a bit, it will make for a more interesting set of stories.

One other thing - that whole scene where the Congressman tried to tie up loose ends with Kate.... totally creepy. I was surprised "Castle" went that dark honestly, but it did fit the scene.

I've made my dislike of the Somebody-Killed-Her-Mother storyline very clear. I've felt it sucked the life right out of the series.
    With that said, I really liked last night's episode. It was well done, interesting, and brought the storyline to a very satisfying conclusion. It had just the right amount of suspense, Kate-In-Peril, and important involvement of Castle, instead of him just appearing aimlessly. Plus involving Ryan, Esposito, and Captain Gates. It made her more one of the team.
    Well done.
    marybethp and nanarama like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I actually warmed up to Captain Gates last night!

Looking forward to the wedding - she was married before? Glitch or something she didn't tell Rick? I hope there's no wedding cliffhanger and they actually do get married.

I absolutely love Ryan, Esposito and Lainie. They're great supporting characters.
    Florimel likes this.

I've been warming up to Gates for a while now, something I never thought would happen. Applause to writers for the development of her character slowly but steadily. Applause to the actress and her range in showing depth and making her character interesting.

Totally agree on Ryan, Esposito, and Lainie, Marbethp.. They have added so much to the show from day 1.

I still miss those poker games with the real authors. We've lost a little bit of Rick, the writer, lately. I wonder if Rick's dad will show up at the wedding.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've been warming up to Gates for a while now, something I never thought would happen. Applause to writers for the development of her character slowly but steadily. Applause to the actress and her range in showing depth and making her character interesting.

Totally agree on Ryan, Esposito, and Lainie, Marbethp.. They have added so much to the show from day 1.

I still miss those poker games with the real authors. We've lost a little bit of Rick, the writer, lately. I wonder if Rick's dad will show up at the wedding.
    I think when they lost Stephen J. Cannell they lost the spark and humor of those games. I noticed after that tribute shortly after SJC died they disappeared. I do miss them too though.

I'm another viewer who HATED the Kate's mom's murder story line, but I loved last night's episode. In fact, it was possibly my favorite this season. The acting was sooo good. Stana once again knocked it out of the park. I love to watch the play of emotions cross her face such as in the scene when she arrested the Senator.

I usually like the more light-hearted episodes, but it was amazing to see Espo, Ryan and the captain making the most of their performances. They were positively delicious - for want of a better description. This is one epi I dvr'd and will want to watch again.

Good episode, but there's no way that gelcap would not have dissolved in her mouth after all that time. Minor detail, I know, but still...
    Miss_Griss and PWS like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Good episode, but there's no way that gelcap would not have dissolved in her mouth after all that time. Minor detail, I know, but still...
    She was a bit loopy when she went to leave the room. Maybe that's why.
    PWS likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

It showed her spitting the pill out whole. And she drank like a quart of whiskey. I guess that would tend to make one a bit loopy. I seem to remember a past episode where Kate was able to drink Castle under the table, so I guess that might explain her uncanny ability to shoot the bad guys quickly and accurately after drinking that much, but it was still a tad bit unbelievable. Don't get me wrong. I thought the episode was excellent... I just had to stretch my imagination a little too far for that scene.
    PWS likes this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread