+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    See, that's what I thought had happened, but CCL said that the police somehow found out about the assassin and brought her in, then she pretended to try to kill herself to get out of helping the police and there never was a plot to get Beckett to go in. Now, I don't know, since you thought the same thing I did.

Anders: I thought that, at the end of the show, Kate said that she thought the senator was Lazarus.
    It was that Vice Chief who thought/said she was a drug courier, he never said she was an assassin, she never said she was an assassin, why lie to Beckett about it in the interview. The plot screams setup.

'Sides if that Vice cop knew sElena was an assassin and didn't tell Beckett and the others he basically set up Beckett to be killed.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    See, that's what I thought had happened, but CCL said that the police somehow found out about the assassin and brought her in, then she pretended to try to kill herself to get out of helping the police and there never was a plot to get Beckett to go in. Now, I don't know, since you thought the same thing I did.

Anders: I thought that, at the end of the show, Kate said that she thought the senator was Lazarus.
    that's how I saw it too. The Senator didn't set it up from the start, rather he took the opportunity to even things up with Beckett so all bets are off. It certainly seemed to me that everyone believed the assisins story that she was just a low-level courier and that's why they sent Beckett in.

and yeah - the senator is Lazarus, and using the drug money to fund a run for president.
    mushybrain likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Just finished watching Monday's episode. mmmm....OK it was stupid. It was circular logic. I, the almighty Senator feel that I owe Beckett so I send in my personal Russian assassin with a story about being a courier for a drug ring. Beckett as the only Russian speaking, model looking, able to shoot female police officer is recruited to take my assassin's place just to be caught, tortured and almost killed just so my pet assassin can save her life and call the debt between the Senator and Beckett off. It's stupid. The Senator just put "heat" on his operation.
    I read the situation differently. I don't think the Senator set this up as a way to pay his debt to Beckett. I think he only became involved after he found out what was going on. Fowler, the head of narcotics, never said anything about Elena being an assassin. He said a phone intercept had led them to Elena, and she told them she was just a courier in the drug ring. The narcs then intercepted another text to Elena that the drug lord wanted to give her a promotion. She faked her suicide attempt so she could escape.

Granted, the whole thing was convoluted and far-fetched, but I didn't get any feeling that the Senator had planned any of it.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I enjoyed it. I thought it was a great way to feature Stana Katic's acting talent in an episode. They brought back the fact that she spoke fluent Russian, which was used in season 2, an example of their knowing what they wrote in the past and using it again years later.

I delight in the fictional quality of this show, which I prefer to zombies, vampires, and werewolves. It reminds me of the old-time murder mysteries I loved and still love to read like Nero Wolfe, Hercule Poirot, and Miss Marple.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I enjoyed it. I thought it was a great way to feature Stana Katic's acting talent in an episode. They brought back the fact that she spoke fluent Russian, which was used in season 2, an example of their knowing what they wrote in the past and using it again years later.

I delight in the fictional quality of this show, which I prefer to zombies, vampires, and werewolves. It reminds me of the old-time murder mysteries I loved and still love to read like Nero Wolfe, Hercule Poirot, and Miss Marple.
    Although I didn't care for the episode, I totally agree with the bolded part.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I read the situation differently. I don't think the Senator set this up as a way to pay his debt to Beckett. I think he only became involved after he found out what was going on. Fowler, the head of narcotics, never said anything about Elena being an assassin. He said a phone intercept had led them to Elena, and she told them she was just a courier in the drug ring. The narcs then intercepted another text to Elena that the drug lord wanted to give her a promotion. She faked her suicide attempt so she could escape.

Granted, the whole thing was convoluted and far-fetched, but I didn't get any feeling that the Senator had planned any of it.
    That's what I don't get when could the Senator possibly found out. Elena worked for him and got caught up in a police sweep ... although she was interviewed by Beckett why would she even know about the Senator's relationship with Beckett and why would she even bother reporting the police detectives name to her boss when and if she told what happened is beyond me.

Was the guy who said he was Lazarus, just pretending to be him to throw off suspicion off the Senator .... if he was working for the Senator a simple phone call could have called him off ... or was he stealing Lazarus's identity and money ... just too many questions for this to make any sense.

CCL

The Lazarus guy was not the top dog of the operation- Bracken was. He undoubtedly reported to Bracken about the security breach and who it was (Beckett) and what he planned to do to her (kill her). Bracken then called in the assassin to save Beckett. Why didn't Bracken not just have Lazarus call off the kill? Maybe he didn't want him to know, maybe it would show he (Bracken) had a weakness that could be exploited, maybe Lazarus has a big mouth ...who knows. Bracken probably wanted to keep his being behind the saving of Beckett quiet and just let one person (the assassin) know how Beckett was freed.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    The Lazarus guy was not the top dog of the operation- Bracken was. He undoubtedly reported to Bracken about the security breach and who it was (Beckett) and what he planned to do to her (kill her). Bracken then called in the assassin to save Beckett. Why didn't Bracken not just have Lazarus call off the kill? Maybe he didn't want him to know, maybe it would show he (Bracken) had a weakness that could be exploited, maybe Lazarus has a big mouth ...who knows. Bracken probably wanted to keep his being behind the saving of Beckett quiet and just let one person (the assassin) know how Beckett was freed.
    So he had he personal assassin kill of one of his employees ... still doesn't make any sense.

That's what I don't get when could the Senator possibly found out. Elena worked for him and got caught up in a police sweep ... although she was interviewed by Beckett why would she even know about the Senator's relationship with Beckett and why would she even bother reporting the police detectives name to her boss when and if she told what happened is beyond me.

Was the guy who said he was Lazarus, just pretending to be him to throw off suspicion off the Senator .... if he was working for the Senator a simple phone call could have called him off ... or was he stealing Lazarus's identity and money ... just too many questions for this to make any sense.
    First to the bold: I don't remember Beckett interviewing Elena. Maybe I missed that.

And here is my take (with a great willingness to suspend my disbelief) on how everything went down.

I don't know if Elena knew about Beckett's relationship with the Senator or not. But Vulcan Simmons, who is obviously tied to the Senator, did. After Simmons gave the order to have Beckett killed, either he notified the Senator (Lazarus) that Beckett was involved, or the Senator found out some other way (from any number of his evil underlings). When the Senator found out Beckett was going to be killed, he gave the order to spare her.

Details are sketchy on how Elena fits in because the writers want us to wonder and speculate about it, along with all kinds of other things. All we know is that Lazarus sent her.

Of course, Elena getting there in the nick of time to save Beckett is every bit as implausible as Beckett having time to stage an assassination using ketchup and beet juice! But I am willing to overlook those nonsensical things because I love the characters and their interactions.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

So he had he personal assassin kill of one of his employees ... still doesn't make any sense.
    Ha, ha! A guy like Bracken couldn't give two hoots about his employees! That part makes perfect sense to me.

+ Reply to Thread