+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree528Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I didn't care for Monday's show at all.
    Not enough Castle, Ryan, Esposito. That's what makes this show, the dynamic between all the characters.
    Also too much gloom & doom. It was like the Someone-Killed-Her-Mother episodes that the show wisely put on the back burner.
    The lighthearted parts add so much when mixed with the serious & crimesolving parts, and when they're gone the whole feel of the show is changed, and not for the better.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Thanks, CCL!

Guess I shouldn't have been multi-tasking during the first part of the show. I clearly missed important details of the setup.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I loved the episode - I love how they're tying up the Senator's loose ends. I thought he was going to turn out to be lazarus, but they made it even more intriguing....
    Florimel likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I loved it, too. I think I read that as a change in pace from the mid-season two part episode, the producers are going in a direction of focusing some of their shows on one actor and this was Stana's turn. She did wonderfully well, and they left me curious as to where this story line is going.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

This s/l has season finale written all over it. She's going to want to prove the Senator is behind the drug ring since she can't bring him down for her mother's murder....who knows, maybe she'll be able to do both.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I loved it, too. I think I read that as a change in pace from the mid-season two part episode, the producers are going in a direction of focusing some of their shows on one actor and this was Stana's turn. She did wonderfully well, and they left me curious as to where this story line is going.
    I really hate it when a show has a good & successful formula & then decides to change it. Usually it means the end to the series because people quit watching when she show they loved isn't the same. I know I've done that for a few shows.
    This show has kept the same formula, but has evolved slowly. I like that. It's more like we do in real life. People's lives change & grow.

I liked the Becket-Working-With-The-Feds storyline. They managed to incorporate the other cast members into it & I liked her boss, partner, or whatever that woman she worked with was.

I'll continue to watch if they do change it up. I'll give it a chance. But taking away a winning formula is never a good idea.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

why it stays fresh for me (imo) is that they do mostly campy episodes with clever and funny dialogue, and then they switch it up to more serious issues occssaionally and they're not bogged down by a formula. House and Criminal Minds were/are so formula you could figure down to the second the outcome/non-outomce of the show.

Criminal Minds always has the victim that's killed in the opening sequence, at least one other victim during the show, then the final almost victim, and the part where the team talks to the cops about 'being on the lookout' - when it's moot since it's always the FBI that bring down the perp.

House's formula was so repetitive, I always wondered how they'd manage to have House realize the answer by something so very mundane/personal/innocuous...etc...

Granted, it's never really hard to figure out the doer on Castle, but (for me) it's more about the characters interacting and not the cases. But I wish they'd stop it with Castle and/or Beckett's life always being in danger - we know nothing is ever going to happen to them.
    Florimel and JavaJo like this.

I agree with just about every point you made, anders, even to a degree about our knowing that neither Castle nor Beckett will die. On the other hand, seeing how they get themselves out of danger using brains, brawn, or both is very entertaining.
    PWS and Miss Scarlet like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Just finished watching Monday's episode. mmmm....OK it was stupid. It was circular logic. I, the almighty Senator feel that I owe Beckett so I send in my personal Russian assassin with a story about being a courier for a drug ring. Beckett as the only Russian speaking, model looking, able to shoot female police officer is recruited to take my assassin's place just to be caught, tortured and almost killed just so my pet assassin can save her life and call the debt between the Senator and Beckett off. It's stupid. The Senator just put "heat" on his operation.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Just finished watching Monday's episode. mmmm....OK it was stupid. It was circular logic. I, the almighty Senator feel that I owe Beckett so I send in my personal Russian assassin with a story about being a courier for a drug ring. Beckett as the only Russian speaking, model looking, able to shoot female police officer is recruited to take my assassin's place just to be caught, tortured and almost killed just so my pet assassin can save her life and call the debt between the Senator and Beckett off. It's stupid. The Senator just put "heat" on his operation.
    See, that's what I thought had happened, but CCL said that the police somehow found out about the assassin and brought her in, then she pretended to try to kill herself to get out of helping the police and there never was a plot to get Beckett to go in. Now, I don't know, since you thought the same thing I did.

Anders: I thought that, at the end of the show, Kate said that she thought the senator was Lazarus.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread