+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 135 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3412680;
    First let me say I LOVE this show--especially the relationship and quips between the two main characters as well as the many fascinating and enjoyable secondary characters like Castle's mom and the other detectives who work with Beckett.

Also love the high production values and the excellent acting for the main characters.

So--let me get this off my chest so I can go back to enjoying the show--

1) If you're going to insist as an integral part of the storyline that the Perps/Suspects are Nigerians--secifically Yoruba--then you should hire actors who look like Yoruba people. Only the actor playing Charles Oni actually looked like a Yoruba. (the big round face with the slightly protruding and very strong jaw is a trait found much more often in Yoruba People than in most other West African Peoples.) The rest of the "Yoruba" were obviously played by American Black actors.

And the perp--well he was suppsed to be "the Butcher of Benin" (which is a Yoruba area of Nigeria) but he had Ichi Marks (ritual scarification on his face) which are Igbo--not Yoruba.

2) The moment Castle dumped stuff out of the bag in the apartment with all the "Yoruba" men he took away any evidentiary value of what was in that bag. Without a warrant specifying searching that kind of container and/or for the kind of items in that bag he could only have done that legally if the items had been "in plain sight"--a legal concept for collecting evidence. Or if the bag had been part of there being a clear and immanent danger to his/Becket's life.

IMO the writer and the casting director are not paying much attention to actual facts in telling their story.

Too bad because it does detract from the otherwise fine show they've got going--fior some of us anyway.

Rant over.

I love those detectives on Beckett';s squad! They are so cute--and so competent at the same time.
    I think most of us watch this show mainly for the interaction between the 2 main characters and the crime story is secondary. Therefore, actual facts don't really come into play too much for the majority of us. I have friends that I go to the movies with who completely dissect it while it is going on. Drives me crazy!! I watch most things to be entertained. However, your knowledge of the Nigerian Yoruba people is very interesting. I enjoyed reading about them!

This show is my only "can't miss" show this season. . .o.k. with DWTS being a very close second.
    Great show last night and I agree that this is a new version of "Moonlighting" which I also loved at the time. Nathan Fillion is SO much sexier and adorable than Bruce though. The pesty reality based details are not bothering me so much and I'm just going with the punchlines. "Deep fried twinkie" too funny! They're also managing the sexual chemistry between the two main characters so that it doesn't progess too quickly. Anyone know if the ratings are any good?

this show just keeps getting better and better! loved the laser tag thing but REALLY loved the ex-wife/fried twinkie stuff, too. the cases are definitely secondary to me...is that OK for a show like this?

i dig this show

i missed the 1st couple of eps. however they aren't on abc.com.. is there any other place to watch em?

So--let me get this off my chest so I can go back to enjoying the show--

1) If you're going to insist as an integral part of the storyline that the Perps/Suspects are Nigerians--secifically Yoruba--then you should hire actors who look like Yoruba people. Only the actor playing Charles Oni actually looked like a Yoruba. (the big round face with the slightly protruding and very strong jaw is a trait found much more often in Yoruba People than in most other West African Peoples.) The rest of the "Yoruba" were obviously played by American Black actors.

And the perp--well he was suppsed to be "the Butcher of Benin" (which is a Yoruba area of Nigeria) but he had Ichi Marks (ritual scarification on his face) which are Igbo--not Yoruba.

IMO the writer and the casting director are not paying much attention to actual facts in telling their story.

Too bad because it does detract from the otherwise fine show they've got going--fior some of us anyway.

Rant over.

I love those detectives on Beckett';s squad! They are so cute--and so competent at the same time.[/QUOTE]

While I totally appreciate what you're saying, I do think that TV and movies have come a long way in the past several years.
    It wasn't that long ago that Asians, Latins and others were played by Caucasians.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3416140;
    I love those detectives on Beckett';s squad! They are so cute--and so competent at the same time.
    I agree! Subtle things like when they come up with a theory or notice a fact and they bump fists, SO cute, But not over the top slapstick. I think they are the perfect mix of competent and adorably goofy.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

addison h.

I had all the episodes saved up on my TIVO and I just got the time to watch them and I just have to jump in to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!

I know a lot of reviewers said they thought it was to "cute" and "quirky" but I am LOVING the quirky it brings! (love the "you should be writing screensaver", love the onion goggles, love the expresso machine, love the "you're gonna put that in the report right?" kind of moments, love the laser tag!)

I so hope this show sticks around.

Also I have a new TV boyfriend. His name is Rick Castle. I think this means Coach Eric Taylor and I will be trying it apart for a little while

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Have to say the "deep fried Twinkie" concept is one of the best ever (...although the actual thought makes me gag since I'm not even tempted by a regular Twinkie---and believe me, I'm easily tempted!). What a great phrase...so many places it can apply!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3378466;
    Just finished watching it and the was the most fun I have had watching a TV show in a long time.
    Have you ever caught an episode of Bones? Castle has good chemistry but the chemistry between the Bones characters is smoken hot!!
    "It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for someone you are not"

Quote Originally Posted by sfthrtd74;3418724;
    Have you ever caught an episode of Bones? Castle has good chemistry but the chemistry between the Bones characters is smoken hot!!
    I am a Buffy and Angel fan so it is kinda hard for me to picture David Boreanz (sp?) as another character although I have seen a couple of episodes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread