+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree528Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Great episode featuring the return of Rick's father. I'd been anticipating seeing James Brolin and Susan Sullivan together; they did not disappoint. Now Kate knows who he is and that adds another element to the story. I'm eager to see the next one and hoping it will be sometime this season.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Liked seeing James Brolin again as Castle's dad .. still he looks a bit pudgy in the face this episode .. but overall liked the episode.. the little dig at Ryan that his daughter looked a bit like Esposito ... liked the scenes with Martha and One Night Stand ... best scenes were with Martha and Castle ... seeing the strong bond between mother and son ... luv'ed the last scene with Daddy looking up at Castle's penthouse.
    Miss_Griss and Florimel like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

James Brolin was an excellent choice for Castle's father. He just fits the part all around, both the good & bad sides.
    I loved his interactions with Martha.

Just because this show is Romantic Comedy/Mystery/Drama doesn't mean it's not extremely well done & acted. I think both the writers & actors do an excellent job & are casted perfectly.
    Florimel, PWS, nanarama and 1 others like this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

TV Guide describes a new episode, but we got a repeat tonight (the one where Castle's fan is accused of killing her boyfriend and he acts as a negotiator). Did anyone see a new episode called Dressed to Kill that takes place in the world of high fashion? I wonder what's up with the episode not airing?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    TV Guide describes a new episode, but we got a repeat tonight (the one where Castle's fan is accused of killing her boyfriend and he acts as a negotiator). Did anyone see a new episode called Dressed to Kill that takes place in the world of high fashion? I wonder what's up with the episode not airing?
    Don't worry. They postponed the new episode. First they said it would be next week, then I saw they changed it again to February 10, which is I think the correct date.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Ahh. Good to know, Florimel! I was looking forward to Castle tonight and was bummed when it was a repeat.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Yeah, I had wondered about that - but good to know I didn't miss a new episode. Got in late tonight and forgot to record it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ditto...started watching, and then said, wait a minute... I've seen this! Thanks for explaining. I switched over to Intelligence....

Is Intelligence any good?? MH gets on my nerves, so not sure if I could stomach her.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

To clarify on the new Castle episode, I'm not entirely sure if it's to be February 3 or February 10. According to what I read, it's the 10th, but my tv program guide says the 3rd. Perhaps they just didn't catch up yet, but I'd recommend you check your schedules to be sure.

Anders332, I really enjoy Intelligence. It's smart, different, and combines action with heart. I like every one of the actors including the supporting and recurring ones. Lance Reddick is a great addition and I hope he's around for a while since he's listed as a guest star in the last two episodes.

This all works for me. I just wish it hadn't been schedule against Castle and Blacklist. Fortunately, all three shows turn up pretty quickly on On Demand.

+ Reply to Thread