+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree382Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I loved the episode. Castle never disappoints me. It's fiction and it's about character, relationships, and story telling for me.

Even better, we have James Brolin back as daddy dearest next week! From what he's said in interviews, he agreed to come back only if
    Click to see Spoiler:
    they showed the darker side of his character. I think we can expect to see good and bad from him and I think he'll make it exciting.

Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I got a little teary-eyed on this one, which briefly interrupted my exasperation at the fact that they weren't on oxygen and Ryan's leg hadn't been crushed under that concrete beam. I
    PWS likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I got a little teary-eyed on this one, which briefly interrupted my exasperation at the fact that they weren't on oxygen and Ryan's leg hadn't been crushed under that concrete beam. I
    And Lanie and Jenny are just hanging out in the ambulance drinking tea (OK, there was no tea, but....) waiting for Jenny's baby to come, and there are no EMT guys around ready to help if needed or any kind of tools, cloths, whatever that you might want to use when a baby comes. I realize that Lanie's an MD and could likely deliver a baby, but I'd think she would have been doing stuff to prepare for it, not just sitting around holding Jenny's hand.

I enjoyed the episode overall, but I was irritated by all of the things you and others have said. They were just sloppy mistakes, and they took away from the impact of the story.
    PWS and mushybrain like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Not to say that Lanie couldn't deliver a baby, but she probably hasn't done one since a short OB/GYN rotation in med school---she's an ME after all, deals with dead people. The EMTs probably have more experience! And yeah, would it have hurt to see them holding an oxygen mask to their faces as they stagger out. Even if it gets pushed aside for the hugs. And they are walking after passing out from carbon monoxide? And if there was no injury to the leg how was it so securely pinned? Ah well, as mushybrain said, the sentiment interrupted the questions.... Just as glad they had a girl---poor Irish Javier... Now will J hold him to that for the next kid?

As the one who doesn't demand realism in fiction shows, I'd like to mention that police officers and cab drivers deliver babies. Lainie could surely do it. Only when something goes wrong are more experienced people needed. It appeared to be a very easy delivery without complications to me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm with you Flor - Castle is not where I look for any kind of realism.....especially that episode where they had a victim cut in half (head to toe) with a samurai sword
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I cried. There, I said it.

Line of the show was "you're going to name a white Irish kid Javier?" LOL! Loved it.

I'm with you guys - very unrealistic. But I watch this show for the great character banter, I watch grey's anatomy for the drama and snark and not the proper medical procedures. I don't mind a little bit of unrealism. Oxygen masks would have been nice.....

I just found out that Ryan's real wife plays Jenny! Awwwww.
    Punkin, JLuvs, Florimel and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I'm with you Flor - Castle is not where I look for any kind of realism.....especially that episode where they had a victim cut in half (head to toe) with a samurai sword
    That one bugs me a bit more because apparently Dennis Madalone - a well-known stuntman who worked on "Greatest American Hero" and helped with the "Star Trek" franchise was the ninja/bad guy person, and he's uncredited. He is a stunt coordinator on the show, but this time he was a character.
    PWS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I cried. There, I said it.

Line of the show was "you're going to name a white Irish kid Javier?" LOL! Loved it.

I'm with you guys - very unrealistic. But I watch this show for the great character banter, I watch grey's anatomy for the drama and snark and not the proper medical procedures. I don't mind a little bit of unrealism. Oxygen masks would have been nice.....

I just found out that Ryan's real wife plays Jenny! Awwwww.
    Great line. I loved it.

I did know that Ryan's wife is played by Seamus' real wife and found it another happy casting choice. I admit I kind of like when supporting roles are played by an actor's real spouse when they are talented actors. A few examples I can think of off the bat are Michael Emerson's wife in Person of Interest and in Lost, Ben Browder's wife in Farscape,, and Harold Perrineau's wife in Lost.
    PWS and Baby's Breath like this.

Castle got some well deserved recognition!

At the people's choice awards Stana (Beckett) won for Best Female Actress in a Drama and the series won for Best TV Crime Drama. I only wish Ryan and Espo had won for Best Bromance or Best On Screen Chemistry!
    Florimel and Miss Scarlet like this.

+ Reply to Thread