+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by taracran View Post
    Tonights episode was one of the best ones ever! Just when I think this show may be getting stale they throw this into the mix and I am amazed!
    I'll have to watch it online - it was pre-empted in the NY area due to a mall shooting. I saw the end but I still want to see the whole thing

I liked seeing Castle and his daughter figuring out who done it to save a guy on death row. But, does Alexis ever smile? She always seems so rigid and on the edge.

CCL

She's at the age where she takes everything seriously. But I'm pretty sure she's smiled as I can picture it.

I liked the episode. I'm glad that Castle and Alexis are on the mend - they've always had such a great relationship. And it was great to see Alexis without having to see Pi!
    Florimel likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I'll have to watch it online - it was pre-empted in the NY area due to a mall shooting. I saw the end but I still want to see the whole thing
    Same problem...watched it on demand today as it was so broken up by the mall shooting that it jumped from suspect to suspect so you were saying, huh?

OK. In what world would the captain send two officers to wander around NYC with a humongous diamond in their pocket? And to wander back with it once she knew it was worth $60 million? That requires suspension of disbelief in a totally unnecessary way.

@ "send in the clowns."
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 11-13-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

For those who miss the poker games, as I do, I read recently that they were promoted by Stephen J. Cannell, who really did enjoy acting. It was he who kept after the other authors to do the show, and it's been a lot harder to persuade them since he died. The show runners are still hopeful about getting them back from time to time.
    PWS likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Liking that the show is back to having that Nick and Nora Thin Man screwball comedy vibe it's so much fun to watch.
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Ugh. I wish they'd stop bringing up old storylines. And the scenes next week don't even mention what happened this week. Got bored with Beckett's mother's story and am so over this guy. Not happy.

I enjoyed this episode and would have enjoyed it even if they had not used 3XK as the killer. I thought it was very inventive. I'm sure we'll see more of this story later on. They have always seemed to intersperse an ongoing story line or two among the individual weekly stories. I like that; it gives the show added dimension for me. It appears that next weeks episode may be more lighthearted.

It was great to see a Lainie/Esposito centric story. I hope we'll see more of that and more of Ryan as well. Even the lady captain has grown on me, something I would not have thought possible during her first season. I don't know why I can't remember her name, perhaps because they aways call her by her title or Sir. The "sir" makes me cringe since I think it's ridiculous for any female to be addressed that way. As much respect could be shown by calling her, "ma'am."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

Why was Beckett all freaked out by the song? I thought it had something to do with her mother maybe?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread