+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

I also loved the episode and I think the new one is based on Dan Brown's books. The sense of fun and camaraderie among all the characters is what has always done it for me. We have so many shows now that just get darker and darker as they progress. This one manages to stay entertaining. Now that Kate is back, I'm hoping to see more of Ryan, Esposito, and Laney.

I think I agree that Alexis is looking more mature these days, which as you points out, Bearcata, makes sense.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Liked the National Treasure, DaVinci Code vibe of this episode. Totally luv'ed Castle replicating the scene from Roman Holiday when he put his hand in the mouth of the sun. Still I wish the monks had given some money to the care of the killer's mother as that was the motivation behind the killing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Liked the National Treasure, DaVinci Code vibe of this episode. Totally luv'ed Castle replicating the scene from Roman Holiday when he put his hand in the mouth of the sun. Still I wish the monks had given some money to the care of the killer's mother as that was the motivation behind the killing.
    Thank you!
    When I watched the show last night I knew exactly what would happen the moment I saw the sun thing. I checked the listing & it wasn't a repeat, so I couldn't figure how I knew.
    I just watched Roman Holiday within the last year, so there you go.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Forgot to mention I thought Alexis was being a total little beyotch treating her father the way she did. I mean he is still supporting her and she is like I can do whatever I want to . Who is paying for her college, who paid for the trip to Costa Rica? When she is a self supporting adult she can be as righteous as she wants but until then so a little respect for your Dad.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I posted this in another thread in response to someone else Easter Egg, but I'll put it here, too, because I thought it was fabulous and so Castle-like.

Did anyone notice that after they found out that the monk had served a good amount of time, Kate said, and I don't know how she got through it with a straight face, "Castle, do you see we have a "felonious monk?" I felt fortunate that I was not in the midst of swallowing some coffee.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I posted this in another thread in response to someone else Easter Egg, but I'll put it here, too, because I thought it was fabulous and so Castle-like.

Did anyone notice that after they found out that the monk had served a good amount of time, Kate said, and I don't know how she got through it with a straight face, "Castle, do you see we have a "felonious monk?" I felt fortunate that I was not in the midst of swallowing some coffee.
    I totally missed that, Florimel. Hilarious!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I totally missed that, Florimel. Hilarious!
    That's just the kind of thing that makes me smile gleefully, Miss_Griss. Whoever wrote that line is fantastic. I think I'm a fairly good wordsmith, but I'd never have thought of it.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I wouldn't be surprised if they partly wrote that episode just to have a chance to use that!

Tonights episode was one of the best ones ever! Just when I think this show may be getting stale they throw this into the mix and I am amazed!
    Florimel and Katydyd like this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

The November 18 will be Lainie/Esposito centric. From what I've been reading, it will be one of the darker stories. I'm delighted to see more of this pair. Here's a link for anyone who'd like to read more information on the episode.

Keck's Exclusives: Castle's Double Doppelgänger Mystery - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    JavaJo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread