+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 131 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1301
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

FORT Fan

Re: Castle on ABC

I'm not easily surprised either. I'm one of those people who usually figures out who-dun-it fairly early but boy did they get me last night. I loved it!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

They totally "got" me, too! I jumped when they yelled, Surprise! Great show! And the Charlie's Angels move--perfect! Now I have to go back mentally over the times Kate was at work and see if what she said there fit the idea of a "plot". I'm sure it did---the writers are great.

This was my favorite episode in a long time. I loved every minute of it. I'm a huge fan of old Jimmy Stewart movies, so the Rear Window tribute was great. The end caught me totally by surprise & I loved it, as well as Castle's reaction to the whole con.

I'm also very pleasantly surprised how much I like the Castle/Beckett relationship & how the writers are handling it. I figured it would changed the show in ways I wouldn't like, but it hasn't.
    It's like business as usual with a plus.
    Duxxy likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Luv'ed, luv'ed, luv'ed the 100th episode based on Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. This is what I love about the show the blend of serious and humour, adult and fun. Luv the relationship between Beckett and Castle and luv how the writers are handling it can't wait to see the BigFoot episode. Writing like this is why the show is so successful and why the relationship between the characters is so great it is not all one note sex, it works on multiple layers.
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    They totally "got" me, too! I jumped when they yelled, Surprise! Great show! And the Charlie's Angels move--perfect! Now I have to go back mentally over the times Kate was at work and see if what she said there fit the idea of a "plot". I'm sure it did---the writers are great.
    I jumped too! I was totally into the Rear Window aspect and trying to remember how that movie ended. Good for them. They "got" us good.

CCL

I figured it out about thirty seconds before the reveal, when all the cops and cars were showing up at the apartment building and it popped into my head that this was going to turn out to be a problematic manoeuvre on the part of Kate if she had set it all up but Castle, unaware of that, had called 911/the "real" cops. It was a good twist. And I love that Castle thought it was the best present ever. And how everyone was involved, from Castle's daughter watching with him on her own pair of binoculars while munching popcorn to the chief chewing him out to Javi and partner breaking down the door. Great episode.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm pretty sure I heard that there will an episode this season that involves music and on which Jon Huertas, who CAN sing, WILL Sing. I'm looking forward to that.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Also loved that when Beckett criticized the guys for breaking down the door one of them (I think Javi) said "I was in the moment" Just a great show.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Luv'ed, luv'ed, luv'ed the 100th episode based on Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. This is what I love about the show the blend of serious and humour, adult and fun. Luv the relationship between Beckett and Castle and luv how the writers are handling it can't wait to see the BigFoot episode. Writing like this is why the show is so successful and why the relationship between the characters is so great it is not all one note sex, it works on multiple layers.
    I think it's the fact they play DOWN the full out sex stuff and keep it subtle and double entendre that helps keep this show fresh and keep its charm and humor. Less IS more and it works especially here.

While I forgot this was the 100th episode (I thought it was for April Fools' honestly) it was the perfect tribute for this show's milestone (a very rare occurrence now). I wish that Stephen J. Cannell were alive to be a part of it and the other writers that used to be on the show for the poker games made an appearance. That would've had all the nods in there (even though they did have a writer talk to Castle in this one).

I also noted the subtle in-show reference to the 100th episode when Rick asked Kate how many murderers they had caught together and she said, "Oh, about 100 I think."

I miss the poker games, too.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread