+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 135 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Castle on ABC

Re: Castle on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3407739;
    I'm totally onboard with the poetic license being granted to entertainment. If they can show CSI's who actually question, etc. their suspects, instead of leaving the job to a policeman, then Castle should be allowed this concession, too.
    Good points and Castle's ability to ask questions does add to the show as many have said. Television shows rarely accurately depict real life. My other favorite show, Grey's Anatomy shows the chief resident MUCH more powerful than she'd be in a real hospital. (In disclosure though this did drive me crazy, I just learned to accept it.)

FORT Fogey

(Don't get me started on Grey's Anatomy. I have worked in hosptials and labs and morgues. I have way too many issues with their "accuracy" to evn list them here--especially about how doctors are trained and how doctors view their profession.

I know, I kow, it's a medical soap opera. )

I really have enjoyed this show, with one exception! I have already noticed that anytime they have a guest star on that I recognize from another show, he/she ALWAYS ends up as the murderer! It has happened on each and every episode (all 3 or 4 of them) that I have watched! But I really enjoy the interaction between the two major characters.

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom;3409689;
    I really have enjoyed this show, with one exception! I have already noticed that anytime they have a guest star on that I recognize from another show, he/she ALWAYS ends up as the murderer! It has happened on each and every episode (all 3 or 4 of them) that I have watched! But I really enjoy the interaction between the two major characters.
    That's been fairly common casting protocol for as far back as I can remember. If a well-known actor guest stars on this type of show, his/her character will almost always be the focus of the episode. It particularly true of crime/mystery/whodunit shows.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Nathan was so sweet on The View repeat today! I am so happy I got to see it this time.

Just the way he treats his cat says a lot--all of it good--about him.

And the video of him in a tight t-shirt was dee-lightful.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re Castle asking questions...yes, it bothers me, too, but then Bones asks questions, the CSI scientists ask questions...so why does Castle bother me more? I guess because other than the request from the mayor there's absolutely NO official connection for him... but I'll live with it! The laser tag scene was hilarious....
    Also agree that the cop dressed "to kill" is not as attractive as she is in her cop outfits... for one thing she's too skinny for my taste and that's really obvious in a dress. But I like her character and the acting.

FORT Fogey

I like her a lot too--but I have to say that some of her clothing bothers me--her coats are very distracting--either way too bright--like that red coat the other night--or they have waaay too many buttons like her black coat the other night.

Also every time I seee a different coat on her I think--how can she afford so many expensive coats to wear to crime scenes?
    (crime scenes tend to be dirty and/or nasty--and the work is very intense--you don't want to be worrying about your clothing while you work. Most female investigators wear dark loose-fitting slacks to scenes in the real world.)

IMO the production designer needs to rein in the costume designer because it is ruining the overall design concept for the show.

Just my IMO based on some experience with production designers and their work.....

All that aside I really do like the show and make sure to watch it every week.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I would liken this show to Moonlighting. Fans of Moonlighting weren't interested in the art direction, the realism, or anything else about the show. What people tuned in each week to see was the interaction between the two main characters. That's how I feel about this show. (For me, I'd add in the interplay between the father and daughter) Sure I could pick the show apart regarding costuming, how realistic it is to have Castle involved in the interrogation, etc, etc, etc. But, I really don't care. As long as the writers and actors keep doing what they've been doing so far, they can do what they want with the rest of the show. I'll be happy.

I'm not saying others are wrong to dwell on the other aspects of the show, I'm just giving my opinion of what matters to me on the show.

I'm just watching "The Librarian: The Curse of the Judas Chalice" and Stana Katic who plays Beckett is the love interest for Noah Wylie. She can really sing if that's her singing and she doesn't look nearly as skinny as she did in the red dress.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I caught Nathan Fillian on The View the other day and the story he told about his cat was so awesome. You gotta love a man who will take in an old crippled cat and give it that much love and affection.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread