+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late Nite with Jimmy Fallon

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Late Nite with Jimmy Fallon

i tuned in last night for the heck of it and i agree ... he's HORRIBLE.

I've caught this on accident a couple times now and don't like him doing late night. I don't mind him when he's part of an ensemble as a comedian but when it was announced he was going to be taking Conan's spot I wasn't all that thrilled. Conan wasn't super but he was more interesting to watch for me even back when he started. Jimmy's stuff is like watching a nervous guy stumble through everything and it's painful to watch sometimes. I think Jimmy lacks some of the charisma needed to carry stuff on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3402743;
    Jimmy's stuff is like watching a nervous guy stumble through everything and it's painful to watch sometimes.
    I couldn't agree more. It does get painful to watch.
    One night he said something lame like, "Toss me a beer." No one laughed the first time he said it and yet he went on to say it three more times. The second time I swear I heard crickets and the third time I think I heard audience members walking out. I know he couldn't have been that dense to not realise the first time that it wasn't funny. I just couldn't figure out why he kept saying it.

He seems like a nice enough guy and I hate to see him fail but I just can't stand to watch anymore.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

FORT Fogey

This past week I've tuned in several times to give him a chance in case I was hasty in my first impression.

Unfortunately each time I couldn't watch for more than a few minutes without getting really uncomfortable with Jimmy's nervousness and his seeming lack of control of his environment.

His energy seems at the same time to be all over the place and too low to carry even an interview without big dips in levels.

I agree that he'd be a great second banana--but he has never felt like the top banana to me.

JMO of course.

On his own I just never found him that amusing let alone funny. He's too nervous and jittery and was to a degree on SNL too which is why I didn't really like him on that either.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

and i thought that was an act. i guess not LOL

On the plus side, Mr. Rattus is pretty impressed with the bands he's getting on the show.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I keep checking in to see if someone has been able to help. Believe it or not, he is better than he was the first week. I didn't say good - just better than he was. Poor kid - I really did like him on SNL.

Sorry Jimmy, Late Night just isn't for everyone.

FORT Fogey

I vowed that I would give him anotgher chance last night--but I couldn't sit through more than one minute of the seriously odd energy that comes off of him and permeates the whole show.

I want to be entertained--not creeped out.

I accidentally caught it again too and couldn't stand to watch more than a couple minutes. He's still too jittery and nervous for me. I'm sure someone out there finds it funny but I just don't get any amusement from it what so ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12