+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Dollhouse on Fox

Premiere's this Friday 02/13/2009.
    Described as a Zen themed domicile of an illegal and underground group known as "Actives" The Actives have had their personalities wiped clean in order to be repeatedly imprinted with any number of new personas a client wishes. But then one Active begins to remember things from previous engagements......

This fantasy/drama is the creation of Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly). Even stars Eliza Dushku who played Faith on "Buffy" and "Angel" in the role of Echo - the Active whose memories are starting to leak through.

I'm up for it - anyone else interested?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

CCL

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

I'm going to watch it. I like Eliza Dushku and Joss Whedon. The concept sounds interesting. Too bad the reviews have not been that great.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'll be watching. I am a fan of Joss Whedon.
    The show is doomed for cancellation, but I'll be watching.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I'll be watching anything Joss Whedon offers. Friday nights doesn't necessarily mean cancellation. Look at Numb3rs. On the other hand, Fox hasn't traditionally been good to Whedon. I wish he'd shop his shows to USA or Sci-Fi.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I worship in Joss Whedon's general direction, so I'll definitely be watching. Not a huge fan of Eliza Dushku - she can be pretty one-note as an actress - but I have high hopes for the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm so excited, I'm a huge fan of Angel and loved Firefly so I am DVRing this. I hope it's as good as I want it to be...quirky and funny like Angel.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Joss Whedon always delivers. I'm excited to see this series as well, but moreso to see Helo again (Tahmoh Penikett/Battlestar Galactica) over Eliza. We'll get him in both shows back-to-back this Friday, and hopefully convert the Battlestar viewers before it ends. The commercials are not doing the show any favors thus far.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3316465;
    I'll be watching anything Joss Whedon offers. Friday nights doesn't necessarily mean cancellation. Look at Numb3rs. On the other hand, Fox hasn't traditionally been good to Whedon. I wish he'd shop his shows to USA or Sci-Fi.
    I was more commenting on the second part. I think any show with Whedon or Nathan Fillion attached to it (both things I heart) could survive on Sci Fi or CW. Just not another station. I was really dissapointed to see Drive go after a few episodes, and yet Prison break has been run in to the gound and kicked several times over. But that's getting OT now so I'll stop.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I am pumped... and its already on my DVR. Of course, since Buffy is my all-time favorite show I will likely keep calling Eliza 'Faith' and scream at her to go kill some vampires!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow, is this getting panned in the reviews...both Elisha as an actress and Josh as storyline creater---because he starts in the middle as it were and you don't get "Act 1" until the 2nd show, so the reviewer feels viewers will be confused and turned off and not watch more. On the other hand my guess is JW fans know how he works and will have faith (get it? ) that things will clarify...and there are lot of those fans...tho maybe not enough to maintain a show on Fox.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast