+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3377030;
    Interesting perception and it does seem to me that is what Joss has in mind. (very observant) The only thing I wonder about is will they ever meet before the series end? I would hate to have the chase go on and on; I don't personally find the cop interesting, he is lacking the attraction that would endear him to me. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of him and turned over the investigation to someone new, more charming or with more personality.
    I saw a clip on the Fox site of Eliza (as a "programmed" Echo, I assume) meeting the FBI guy in a place that looked like the old warehouse (or whatever it was) where he was shot. She was saying that she was looking for her missing sister. So they will eventually meet in some capacity.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3379389;
    I saw a clip on the Fox site of Eliza (as a "programmed" Echo, I assume) meeting the FBI guy in a place that looked like the old warehouse (or whatever it was) where he was shot. She was saying that she was looking for her missing sister. So they will eventually meet in some capacity.
    Missing sister? Maybe she's a twin...
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Or she's looking for the blonde Asian doll that she's "friends" with? (Of course not very convincing as her sister! But these days you never know...)

Brilliant episode tonight this series is getting better and better. I really liked the word play about "man reaction" that Joss W. threw in, very funny.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Yeah, the first episode didn't impress, but it's gotten better and better since then. I enjoyed the premise of this episode. What do you think is up with Reed Diamond's character?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I wanna know what the deal with ALPHA is and why do they think ECHO is heading down the same path...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I really enjoyed the episode, but was a little freaked out over the implanted camera or whatever it was....especially when they showed some kind of rod headed directly for Echo's eye. Ugh. Can you tell I have eye issues?
    Anyway, if I understood correctly they rewired Echo's eyes so the messages from them went to the camera instead of her brain (not clear why that would mean her pupil wouldn't show a response to a bright light, but, hey, let's not quibble!). So we are supposed to believe that under stress her brain was able to rerout the wiring and switch off the camera and send the images back to her brain? Not at all clear how any of that is possible based on her being human or her having been programmed to be other people before. This wasn't programming, it was literal hard wiring....
    OK, trying not to overthink! Good episode, and you see the detective getting inspired by having seen her. Do feel sorry for his across the hall neighbor, since unless Echo pairs up with Alpha it seems like a foregone conclusion that she'll eventually pair up with the detective....

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3382901;
    Anyway, if I understood correctly they rewired Echo's eyes so the messages from them went to the camera instead of her brain (not clear why that would mean her pupil wouldn't show a response to a bright light, but, hey, let's not quibble!). So we are supposed to believe that under stress her brain was able to rerout the wiring and switch off the camera and send the images back to her brain?
    The way I took it was the implants jarred loose when the cult leader smacked her.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I agree with CCL. That's how I understood it too PWS. I thought that it was simply a case of being "smacked hard enough". I don't know, I never thought anything different till then. What I did notice was that after she regained her vision, it seemed that some of "Echo" pre-dollhouse was kicking in again.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3382761;
    Yeah, the first episode didn't impress, but it's gotten better and better since then. I enjoyed the premise of this episode. What do you think is up with Reed Diamond's character?
    Yeah. That was a shocker when the guy in the mask turned out to be him rather than Boyd. I didn't quite understand, though, why he shot the cult guy (to keep him from killing Echo) and then tried to kill her himself. I guess maybe he really hates her and wanted to have that pleasure.

I loved when Echo looked at him and said, "Everything's perfectly clear" or whatever it was that she said.

The thing with Victor starting to have his "man reactions" after Sierra arrived sort of throws off the sequential naming thing (unless he's from an earlier round of names). Wonder if the writers forgot their alphabet?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread