+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

So were the dolls given Alpha, B, C, D, Echo names? Implying Alpha was the first? Or at least the first in his batch, since apparently there was at least one other batch (the ones with baseline Ninja skills) that went bad?

Second episode definitely better than the first. Hope the trend continues.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Liked the first, liked the second, and I expect to continue enjoying the series if Fox doesn't pull the plug on Joss Whedon yet again.

I see some similar themes between Dollhouse and Firefly; i.e., mental tampering (Echo/River Tam) manipulation leading to horrific consequences (Alpha/the Reavers), government overkill everywhere, etc. I never watched Angel or Buffy because the vampire concept is one I intensely dislike, but I love JW's storytelling. Among other things, he respects the intelligence of his audience.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3338896;
    So were the dolls given Alpha, B, C, D, Echo names? Implying Alpha was the first? Or at least the first in his batch, since apparently there was at least one other batch (the ones with baseline Ninja skills) that went bad?
    I never thought of that but it makes sense. Maybe they name them like the hurricanes are named each season (starting with A, then B etc). So who knows how many batches they've had or what number the current batch is.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Good show. I like the relationship between Echo and her handler. Loved the "Shoulder to the Wheel" salute at the end.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Does anyone know if this show available for viewing online? My DVR forgot the second episode.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

It's available on the Fox website

I, for one, am loving this show! I never liked Eliza on Buffy - maybe it was just that I didn't like Faith (although my friends and I did say "I'm five by five" way too much! ) The cast is really good. I love seeing Amy Acker too. Plus, any show with Reed Diamond in it is must-see TV for me! The thing I love about Joss is that he actually wants to know what his fans think and he wants us to TALK about things and he wants to make us think. I'm a huge fan and I'm so glad he's back! I only hope Fox has the brains to give the show a chance to develop and find an audience.

I'll definitely keep watching
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Really enjoyed the second episode. I like how there are different story threads and mysteries to figure out. Love now I know what happend to Amy Acker's face.

I never thought about the Firefly and Dollhouse link...but so true. Reavers!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3340916;
    Does anyone know if this show available for viewing online? My DVR forgot the second episode.
    You can probably find it at Fox online, BUT usually they take MORE than a week to post episodes, so don't give up if it isn't up there yet.
    CCL--I like the idea of them having a hurricane system of naming for the different batches and starting over again with A for each batch--very clever!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3340916;
    I've watched both episodes online at Fox. They were up by mid-morning on Saturday.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread