+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3325129;
    What I think may happen is that the wipes start to be incomplete and the dolls begin to retain some memories of what happened to them. They may organize to try to bring down the dollhouse. It's somewhat similar to the movie Paycheck if anyone remembers that.

I would not be suprised to discover that some government agency is involved and working with the dollhouse.
    Yeah. I thought that, too. Otherwise, how would they be able to coerse the pre-Echo character (was her name Caroline?) to become an active for five years in order to make whatever it was she did "go away?"

Obviously, we don't know enough about what her predicament was. I supposed it's possible that they were making a private arrangement where someone wouldn't press charges if she did it, but....
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3325129;
    What I think may happen is that the wipes start to be incomplete and the dolls begin to retain some memories of what happened to them. They may organize to try to bring down the dollhouse. It's somewhat similar to the movie Paycheck if anyone remembers that.

I would not be suprised to discover that some government agency is involved and working with the dollhouse.
    I've read that this is what happens to Echo (I don't thin this is a spoiler as it has been widely reported in stories on the show). No more blindly wandering around saying "Something heavy fell on me!" while going for a massage.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It was okay, but it wasn't full of the oomph I expected it to have. I will continue watching because I know it can only get better with Jos Whedon on board.

I watched this show and don't see how it can last...

it wasn't horrible, but you just can't make a show like this and put a *pretty* girl on it and think that is enough to keep it on the air

FOX already has shows like (Bones, House and some others that didn't make it to long) that are essentialy the same show every week w/ just a new weekly story.

SOT: imo Bones needs to move to Friday and they need to keep Terminator and develop that more

Did anyone else see a big resemblence between Echo's "mind wiped blank" face and Paris Hilton's constant "I have nothing in my brain" face?

Some interview I read somewhere (sorry to be so vague) said that the show doesn't really get into a groove until the fourth episode or so.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I enjoyed the first episode. This reminds me of shows like Veronica Mars where it takes a couple episodes for things to REALLY get good but this definately seems like a show that will grow on me big time with more viewings. It doesn't hurt that Eliza Dushku is one of my favorite actresses.

I thought the premiere was so-so, but I am willing to give it another chance or two. I understand sometimes it takes a few shows to demonstrate the show's true niche. We'll see...
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3328025;
    Some interview I read somewhere (sorry to be so vague) said that the show doesn't really get into a groove until the fourth episode or so.
    Second episode and it's headed in the right direction for me!

This episode was really good IMO. The imprint of her and the insane BF was alright, but the whole ALPHA plot-line and how he's an ex-Doll gone crazy, screwing with the Dollhouse has me hooked.

I'm definitely looking forward to see Echo retain some memories and discover her past etc. That should be interesting to see unfold.

I was sad to see that Sierra, the other doll from the premiere was absent this episode. I hope as the show progresses we get to see more of her, and maybe some other dolls.

All the other supporting characters, bar Paul are interesting to me. Paul the detective seems like a typical, run of the mill, agent to me. His character is too predictable for me at least. Maybe they'll make him more interesting as the show goes on.

I really want to know more about Fred... i mean Dr. Saunders She's a big question mark.

Anyway, good show! Hopefully the ratings pick up.

CCL

The second episode was much better. I agree that the Alpha plot-line is interesting as well.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread