+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

Whiskey killed herself along with the butchers at the end of Epitaph 1. I don't know how they got Topher.

Quote Originally Posted by CantinaBandFan;3813164;
    Whiskey killed herself along with the butchers at the end of Epitaph 1. I don't know how they got Topher.
    Thanks, Cantina! I had forgotten that. I obviously need to go back and watch that Epitaph 1.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So did Topher leave the Ballard recording for Echo? I think I remember someone saying he told her to dismantle the chair first thing.... Poor Topher. And poor Ballard although I guess he lives on....
    I also agree with you all about "Victor"'s acting abilities--really good. Look forward to seeing him again.
    I liked the Topher actor as well. By the end the woman who ran things..the one with the British accent seemed to have real feelings for him...maybe maternal...
    They certainly got a lot into that finale! I remember when there wers about 15 to go thinking, no way can this get wrapped up by the end of the hour!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3813517;
    So did Topher leave the Ballard recording for Echo? I think I remember someone saying he told her to dismantle the chair first thing.... Poor Topher. And poor Ballard although I guess he lives on....
    I also agree with you all about "Victor"'s acting abilities--really good. Look forward to seeing him again.
    I liked the Topher actor as well. By the end the woman who ran things..the one with the British accent seemed to have real feelings for him...maybe maternal...
    They certainly got a lot into that finale! I remember when there wers about 15 to go thinking, no way can this get wrapped up by the end of the hour!
    Alpha left the Ballard imprint for Echo. The message for her to destroy the chair first was a message from Alpha, but someone else gave her the message. Plus, since Alpha was the one that wiped him for his personality/person he would have to be one with the imprint. It was Topher who took Ballard, Topher fixed him.

I felt bad for Topher too and really enjoyed his character and the acting ability of the person who played him. I am also amazed at the actor who portrayed Victor. He was so good in all the different roles he played.

I also got a kind of maternal feeling between Adele and Topher, as well as Adele and Echo/Caroline.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3813597;
    Alpha left the Ballard imprint for Echo. The message for her to destroy the chair first was a message from Alpha, but someone else gave her the message. Plus, since Alpha was the one that wiped him for his personality/person he would have to be one with the imprint. It was Topher who took Ballard, Topher fixed him.

I felt bad for Topher too and really enjoyed his character and the acting ability of the person who played him. I am also amazed at the actor who portrayed Victor. He was so good in all the different roles he played.

I also got a kind of maternal feeling between Adele and Topher, as well as Adele and Echo/Caroline.
    Ah, that makes sense, WD2---I didn't pay much attention to that line until I saw what was on the chair---was doing well to recall that it had even been said by someone! Thanks!
    Yes, kudos to the actor who played Topher as well... he really created a unique and eventually loveable character (which made it easier for Victor's actor to mimic him).

I am probably alone, but I was disappointed in the finale. I actually thought the prior episode made a better ending then Epitaph 2 did.

I had not seen Epitaph 1, deliberately. My thinking was that since it did not air on the network, I wanted to watch it from the general viewers perspective. I understood what happened, but didn't feel it had much of Joss writing in it. Almost as if he said here is what happens, and then let other writers finish it off.
    The ending brought it all together, but turning Topher into a crazed genius that miraculously was able to pull it together at the end just felt too contrived. As if someone said OK we only have 5 minutes left - finish it off. (Although I was touched when he saw his true love on the tape, and enjoyed her helping him get the last piece of the puzzle. )

Overall - meh. Not his best episode on this show.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

CCL

When I saw Epitaph 1 (in September) I thought - "Finally! This is what I want the show to be like all along." So I had high hopes going into season 2 (after being somewhat disappointed with the first season) and those hopes were certainly met, if not surpassed. I thought they tied everything up nicely and overall I was happy with the finale.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3815745;
    I am probably alone, but I was disappointed in the finale. I actually thought the prior episode made a better ending then Epitaph 2 did.

I had not seen Epitaph 1, deliberately. My thinking was that since it did not air on the network, I wanted to watch it from the general viewers perspective. I understood what happened, but didn't feel it had much of Joss writing in it. Almost as if he said here is what happens, and then let other writers finish it off.
    The ending brought it all together, but turning Topher into a crazed genius that miraculously was able to pull it together at the end just felt too contrived. As if someone said OK we only have 5 minutes left - finish it off. (Although I was touched when he saw his true love on the tape, and enjoyed her helping him get the last piece of the puzzle. )

Overall - meh. Not his best episode on this show.
    While I am glad that the Fox producers let Whedon provide a finale for Dollhouse, you can tell that alot had been left out and the finale did feel rushed. So I am both glad and sad.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3822769;
    While I am glad that the Fox producers let Whedon provide a finale for Dollhouse, you can tell that alot had been left out and the finale did feel rushed. So I am both glad and sad.
    Yes, you can imagine that lots of that could have been dragged out over several episodes without it being bad--e.g., the capture, torture of Topher.

Who is John Galt?

I thought the finale was okay, but not really rewarding for me. Guess I am too much of a romantic, but I would have like to see Echo and Ballard have a "real" life together, not just in her mind. The reunion of Victor, Sierra and their little boy was a satisfying end of their story, and I would have liked to see that with Echo/Caroline/Etc and Ballard. The Topher character, while well acted, was very irritating to me, and his eventual descent into insanity seemed predictable and contrived. Overall, I will miss the series.

+ Reply to Thread