+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3801279;
    It was, however it was pushed back a week due to a tele-a-thon to raise money for the Haiti Earthquake, which will be broadcast on all network channels this friday.
    Thanks much for the info, WrigleyDogA2.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3801466;
    Thanks much for the info, WrigleyDogA2.
    and of course I now feel bad for (also) complaining...

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3803078;
    and of course I now feel bad for (also) complaining...
    Nothing to feel bad for. The tele-a-thon has not been widely advertised so you didn't know. No harm, no foul. (I knew about it because I work at an NGO that does medical relief care and is currently in Haiti)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3803417;
    Nothing to feel bad for. The tele-a-thon has not been widely advertised so you didn't know. No harm, no foul. (I knew about it because I work at an NGO that does medical relief care and is currently in Haiti)
    Hope your people are all ok. It sounds like a nightmare for the medical people there (and of course even more so for their patients)... supply trucks being hijacked... "Civil War era medicine"....
    Hope the telethon raises a goodly amount.... We can do without our fictional dystopia on Dollhouse for a week given the existence of this real one.

Looking forward to the series finale tomorrow night and hoping the Scoobies' efforts to save the world come across as believable rather than contrived!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Remember the finale is scheduled for 8pm tonight.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm looking forward to the finale tonight but also a little sad that the show is over. It will be interesting to see how it all comes together apfter Epit. 1 and the episode 2 weeks ago. I read online that the actor that plays Victor has a movie coming out where he plays a younger version of a character played by DeNiro - movie is called Stone, hopefully the other actors will be able to use Dollhouse as a launching pad as well and we will see more of them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MotivesCanada;3812203;
    I'm looking forward to the finale tonight but also a little sad that the show is over. It will be interesting to see how it all comes together apfter Epit. 1 and the episode 2 weeks ago. I read online that the actor that plays Victor has a movie coming out where he plays a younger version of a character played by DeNiro - movie is called Stone, hopefully the other actors will be able to use Dollhouse as a launching pad as well and we will see more of them in the future.
    Victor (Enver Gjokaj) is an amazing actor (IMO); his performance as Topher has been excellent. I know the fact that they are all playing dolls with different personalities is great acting skills for each of them. But, I have been especially pleased with Enver's performance through out the show. He is not what I would consider a really handsome actor, but his characters and performance have made me very fond of him, and I look forward to seeing him perform again.

Thanks for the reminder, and I agree tonight is sort of bittersweet. Conclusion and then goodbye.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Enver is by far the best actor on Dollhouse. He has done some very convincing accents, characters and I agree with Mike's Girl, his Topher was dead on. Glad to see him getting a role in a major movie with DeNiro.

As for the ending it left me wanting more. But I guess they did their best.

One question, I'll put it in spoilers just in case
    Click to see Spoiler:
    how did Pryia/Sierra keep up that blonde hair in a post apocalyptic world? I was also sad to see Ballard die.

I was mostly content with the way they handle the ending. It left me with some questions, though.

- They never addressed what happened to Whiskey? Did they just leave her in the Dollhouse to die when they went to that safe place?

- Also, why wasn't Topher with them there? How did he end up in the hands of Rossum?

I guess I need to go back and watch Epitaph One to see where things left off there.

I thought Tony/Victor's salute to Mad Max was fun.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread