+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3791980;
    Poor Topher indeed! I was stunned, after the doc had just said those nice things to Bennett. And then when her lover was also "bad"...I guess I should have seen that coming but I sure didn't. Had to watch this on vacation with no captioning so will have to rewatch at home if the tape worked. I'm sure I missed stuff. Sort of stunned... was still reeling from Bennett's death and then the final reveal....
    We saw an entirely different Bennett this time then her previous appearance, and at first I wondered whether Joss forgot they had written her as mean and nasty; then I realized he had a reason for humanizing her, making her vulnerable. If she had been killed off at any time before now, I would probably have been glad that one of Echo's enemies had been taken down. The fact that I grew to care for Bennett, or at least appreciate what Topher was so attracted to, made it all the more shocking. The contrast really gripped me.

I saw the promo shots for next week and the finale...... I think it will be just as emotional and compelling.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

I figured the head of Rossum would be someone we already knew, but I really couldn't have guessed who. I ahppy the shows is coming to end with a true resolution. It'll be interesting to see Joss' next project.

I am trying to remember why Dr Saunders is so angry with Topher. She remembers who she was as herself or as an active and resents Topher for doing what he did to her??? Can someone clarify this point??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3794003;
    I am trying to remember why Dr Saunders is so angry with Topher. She remembers who she was as herself or as an active and resents Topher for doing what he did to her??? Can someone clarify this point??
    Didn't she try an hit on him just before she walked out?

He rejected her, if I remember that correctly.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3794003;
    I could be way off base, but I think that I recall Topher telling her that he programmed her not to like him... I think it was because he didn't want to have a relationship and knew that there would be a potential attraction...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3794015;
    Didn't she try an hit on him just before she walked out?

He rejected her, if I remember that correctly.
    He did but it was all part of some twisted plan, on her part and I can't remember the details. I think is might have some part of why was her face not restored and that the "real" Dr Suanders was killed during Alpha's initial attack and that she was used to become the new "Dr. Saunders".

I don't think there's ever been an explanation of why Saunders has such negative feelings toward Topher. It was one of those things that I figured would become more clear as the story progressed, but I think it's fallen through the cracks in the rush to wrap things up.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Found it: In the first episode of season one.

Dollhouse: Vows Episode Recap on TV.com

Whiskey has decided to get to Topher in anyway possible by playing pranks - including setting white rats free in his office and playing with him while he's asleep.

Victor's face is pretty much back to normal after the surgeries. Whiskey does not want all of her scars healed because she is afraid that Adelle will send her back to active duty. Boyd tries to ask Whiskey out on a date but she says that she has been programmed with a number of phobias that cause her to not want to leave the Dollhouse but you can tell she enjoys Boyd's pity.

Whiskey tries to seduce Topher but he ends up confessing that she is better than him and he programmed her to be Dr. Saunders with views other than his own to make sure that the Actives were well cared for. He tells her that his contract states he can never really know an active and her decision to dislike him was her own. She then tells him that she doesn't want to leave Whiskey's body because she doesn't want to die - but she ends up leaving the Dollhouse despite all of her phobias and fears.
    Still does not explain everything.

I also found that there was a 13th episode from season one and I don't remember seeing it. It was titled Epitah One.

Dollhouse: Epitaph One Episode Recap on TV.com

recap: major spoiler

Click to see Spoiler:
    Episode RecapAdd/Edit
    Synopsis
    The year is 2019, and the world is broken. A small band of survivors discovers an abandoned Dollhouse and as they explore they begin to understand the shadowy organization and to suspect that they may have been responsible for the current state of the world.
    Full Recap
    In the year 2019, Los Angeles is devastated. Imprinting technology has gone completely wireless and out of control. People are divided into those who have been "printed" and lost their identities, "Butchers", who will kill just about anybody who isn't killing, and "Actuals", those who are struggling to hold on to their memories and bodies.

A small group of actuals and the father and daughter they are protecting, are on the run, and stumble upon the abandoned Dollhouse. As they find the imprinting chair, they use the father, who had been "printed", to obtain the memories stored within the chair. They learn of the Dollhouse's original purpose, and how Caroline found a way to maintain her original self, even after being imprinted with a new personality. They found out how Clive Ambrose, through Victor's body, tells DeWitt that the Dollhouse will now be offering a new service to their highest paying clients - by selling the bodies of the actives as "upgrades".

The Actuals encounter a half cataonic Saunders/Whiskey, who has been waiting for Boyd to return for her. She leads them to hidden wedges with more memories from former Dollhouse employees and Actives. They found out how most of the former actives, along with DeWitt and Topher, dug-in to the house, prepared to defend themselves from those that would come for their memories and bodies. Caroline and Ballard eventually arrive and announce that, with Alpha's help, they have found a way to defend against unwanted imprinting, and a "Safe Haven." Caroline then has Saunders make a back-up copy of herself, so that the way to "Safe Haven" can be found by others.

After realizing that the little girl has actually been printed with an adult, and she has been the one who attacked some of the Actuals, the survivors Zone and Mag, are able to imprint Caroline's personality on to her. As the butchers find the Dollhouse and come for them, Whiskey turns on a poisonous gas killing them, and possibly herself. Zone, Mag, and the newly imprinted little-girl Caroline, escape into a desolate Los Angeles, hoping to find "Safe Haven", and possibly the real Caroline herself.

Thank Bearcata! - I appreciate the episode recap, even though it wasn't that long ago, the storyline was vague for me. Whisky does have a grudge against Topher.

Epitah One, was (I believe) only released/issued on the DVD for season one as a special feature. The finale of this season will be entitled
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Epitah Two - the Return

This was taken from the series finale press release:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    ECHO RACES TO STOP AN APOCALYPSE ON THE SERIES FINALE OF "DOLLHOUSE" FRIDAY, JANUARY 22, ON FOX

Picking up from the events depicted in "Epitaph 1," the "lost" episode of DOLLHOUSE, and set in the year 2020, Echo and her surviving Dollhouse crew attempt to restore order to a devastating future world before mankind is eliminated in "Epitaph 2: The Return," the series finale episode of DOLLHOUSE, airing Friday, Jan. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

So, I have no idea how they plan to explain the non-aired show.
    Christopher Reeve

Thanks, Bearcata! I'm going to have to watch Epitaph One again, because the recap is different in some ways from how I remember it.

I'm assuming it's still available for download online. I think I got it from Amazon.com and paid a few dollars for it. Or it may be available for free on places like Hulu now. I think it's worth watching as we head into the final shows.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread