+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

Wow, my jaw dropped last night and that rarely happens with tv shows. It's such a shame that this show is cancelled. However, I don't think we would be getting these fabulous scenes at this point in time if the show was not being cancelled. Maybe in future seasons but not at this point in time. Without Rossum and the Dollhouse networks, there is no show.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3790521;
    OK! I did not see that ending coming! (Well, at least not until a few seconds before!) Also, poor Topher!

So has Echo/Caroline actually become exactly what Rossum wanted her to be? If so, how can this end well? Wild!
    I did not see that end coming either. I think my jaw actually dropped (which rarely happens). I felt bad for Topher too, he just wanted some real human contact.

I'm not sure what Carolina/Echo have become and I have no clue how it's going to end; but, I can't wait to find out.

Though I wish the show hadn't been canceled. Things feel rushed - like they knew they had to get to the end (which i appreciate) quickly. I would have liked to see everything play out fully.

I also feel bad for Caroline/Echo - having to not only know that Ballard doesn't love her, but also having to see him and Mellie interact. It has to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3790750;
    I did not see that end coming either. I think my jaw actually dropped (which rarely happens). I felt bad for Topher too, he just wanted some real human contact.

I'm not sure what Carolina/Echo have become and I have no clue how it's going to end; but, I can't wait to find out.

Though I wish the show hadn't been canceled. Things feel rushed - like they knew they had to get to the end (which i appreciate) quickly. I would have liked to see everything play out fully.

I also feel bad for Caroline/Echo - having to not only know that Ballard doesn't love her, but also having to see him and Mellie interact. It has to hurt.
    I haven't watched last nights episode yet (put you all have me excited to!). I just wanted to mention that it has been previously reported that Josh knew very early on that this would be the final season, and planned for it accordingly. If it feels rushed, then I would guess that would be due to editing; maybe due to time constraint, had to chop it more then he wanted to. But, he has been planning for this almost since they went into season 2 production; I don't remember whether it was his intuition, or an early nod from exec's...... if I can find the interview where he discussed it, I will link to it.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Wow!!!!! Never saw that coming..... Boyd!!!!
    What a difference between last night, and December 18th show. I felt the latter was confusing up until the end. At times, I felt we were stuck in a "groundhog day" type nightmare, and the show would never end. I actually decided to DVR "only" the remaining shows after the prior episode; because I wasn't sure I even wanted to watch the finale. Last night show though was the complete opposite. Very good show! Have no clue what Josh is going for, but I look forward to final episodes.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I am confused about one thing..... we saw flashback/flashforward/present jumbled together and at one point, after Echo helped Victor/Sierra escaping from the attic, they were running down the hall, Victor and Sierra were in their "Attic" suits and Echo turned and pressed her hand against the divider and said stay strong (or something like that)..... then guards shot bullets right through Anthony/Victor and Priya/Sierra; and yet they were perfectly fine when Echo released them to have a good night together before they were invaded. Why did we see Victor and Sierra being shot down while still garbed in Attic space suits??????
    Was that part supposed to be real or imagined?

I guess we know who stole Carolyn's weggie...
    I never suspected Boyd, not even just before he stepped out. WOW! Still thinking about this episode.

So sorry for Topher. I had wondered earlier if Bennett had been attracted to Carolyn, and felt spurned by her because of the "incident". It was good to have that mystery cleared regarding Carolyn leaving Bennett behind, she was "saving" her from being caught; instead of deserting her. Have no idea what type of awful visuals Bennett imprinted Echo with when she had her under her control at the other Dollhouse, but it must have been one sided. So, Echo was actually remembering parts of Carolyn through out, due to Echo's persistence in wanting to remember?
    Boyd, wow......
    When Boyd stepped out and killed that guy, as Echo was being imprinted with bits and pieces of Carolyn, was Boyd killing his own men or Rossum's? Is there a war between Rossum and Boyd; Rossum and DeWitt, Boyd and DeWitt?
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3791596;
    I am confused about one thing..... we saw flashback/flashforward/present jumbled together and at one point, after Echo helped Victor/Sierra escaping from the attic, they were running down the hall, Victor and Sierra were in their "Attic" suits and Echo turned and pressed her hand against the divider and said stay strong (or something like that)..... then guards shot bullets right through Anthony/Victor and Priya/Sierra; and yet they were perfectly fine when Echo released them to have a good night together before they were invaded. Why did we see Victor and Sierra being shot down while still garbed in Attic space suits??????
    Was that part supposed to be real or imagined?
    That was imagined. That was Echo's worst nightmare. Just like the war scene was Victor/Tony's and the scene with the dead guy was for Sierra/Priya. After Echo successfully wakes up for real, we see her revive them for real. Then, the very last scene, in Dewitt's office, we see them next to each other on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3791628;
    That was imagined. That was Echo's worst nightmare. Just like the war scene was Victor/Tony's and the scene with the dead guy was for Sierra/Priya. After Echo successfully wakes up for real, we see her revive them for real. Then, the very last scene, in Dewitt's office, we see them next to each other on the couch.
    Ahh, so when she woke herself up, then got Victor and Sierra up in the beginning it was a dream? I thought we were seeing all that she had imagined in between as "nightmarish" but never realized that her dream of waking them, and running was part of her worst nightmare sequence also. That part was fragmented for me in watching because I had several family interruptions then.

Thank you for clarifying!
    Christopher Reeve

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3791596;
    Boyd, wow......
    When Boyd stepped out and killed that guy, as Echo was being imprinted with bits and pieces of Carolyn, was Boyd killing his own men or Rossum's? Is there a war between Rossum and Boyd; Rossum and DeWitt, Boyd and DeWitt?
    I keep saying the same thing and wondering where this whole thing is headed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3791669;
    Ahh, so when she woke herself up, then got Victor and Sierra up in the beginning it was a dream? I thought we were seeing all that she had imagined in between as "nightmarish" but never realized that her dream of waking them, and running was part of her worst nightmare sequence also. That part was fragmented for me in watching because I had several family interruptions then.

Thank you for clarifying!
    No problem. It was kind of weird, esp since we saw the same sequence at the beginning and the end. I thought at first that is what happened but then at the very end of the episode, you see both in the office.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Poor Topher indeed! I was stunned, after the doc had just said those nice things to Bennett. And then when her lover was also "bad"...I guess I should have seen that coming but I sure didn't. Had to watch this on vacation with no captioning so will have to rewatch at home if the tape worked. I'm sure I missed stuff. Sort of stunned... was still reeling from Bennett's death and then the final reveal....

+ Reply to Thread