+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

Wow, is all I can say after watching the last 4 episodes. I can't believe Adele betrayed Topher the way she did.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So am I the only one who is holding out hope the DeWitt somehow messed with Topher's papers before passing them on. It's so out of character for her to support the "take over the world" evil guys. If she's not one of the good guys, why would Boyd encourage her to try to take over her Dollhouse again? He and Ballard are obviously working together with Echo to make something happen.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3768266;
    So am I the only one who is holding out hope the DeWitt somehow messed with Topher's papers before passing them on. It's so out of character for her to support the "take over the world" evil guys. If she's not one of the good guys, why would Boyd encourage her to try to take over her Dollhouse again? He and Ballard are obviously working together with Echo to make something happen.
    Well, I like your optimistic view!
    I personally saw nothing in her face to give me any reason to hope she hasn't turned over to the other side. I noticed that she suspects Ballard and/or Boyd of helping Echo, and is waiting for someone to own up to it. But, they were cautious; Boyd has a look of disapproval toward DeWitt..... I don't think anyone trusts her. I don't. But, will she redeem herself before the end? I am hopeful!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I can't believe how intense the last 3 weeks have been seeing back to back episodes of Dollhouse and seeing where it is going. Nice to see Adele back on Team Echo.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3772424;
    I can't believe how intense the last 3 weeks have been seeing back to back episodes of Dollhouse and seeing where it is going. Nice to see Adele back on Team Echo.
    Seconded!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3772609;
    Seconded!!
    Thirded!

Wow...last night... I even dreamed about the show. So many twists.

So, if understood correctly what the guy who created the whole shebang was saying, there's a doll of him out there with his smarts but who only does what he or she is told? Are we sure Topher is not a doll? Topher always seems to knuckle under to direct orders....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3772646;
    Thirded!

Wow...last night... I even dreamed about the show. So many twists.

So, if understood correctly what the guy who created the whole shebang was saying, there's a doll of him out there with his smarts but who only does what he or she is told? Are we sure Topher is not a doll? Topher always seems to knuckle under to direct orders....
    That's what I understood. And I never thought about the creators doll being Topher. What an interesting twist that would be.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3772669;
    That's what I understood. And I never thought about the creators doll being Topher. What an interesting twist that would be.
    Well, he's brilliant in the same areas, and they did imply that they only used part of the creator guy's "brain" in the implant so the personality could be somewhat different, and even though he resists he does always seem to give into what TPTB want.... I can't think of anyone else we've met yet that could be the creator's doll...
    Against that theory...remember when they were using that "gun" that immobilized dolls only and he tried it on his female counterpart to see if she was a doll as she was such a perfect match for him? ....didn't they early on have a kind of broad band version that took down any doll nearby... it didn't have to be pointed directly at the doll? I remember some doll falling down the stairs in the background when they tested it on a doll in the lab.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3772846;
    Well, he's brilliant in the same areas, and they did imply that they only used part of the creator guy's "brain" in the implant so the personality could be somewhat different, and even though he resists he does always seem to give into what TPTB want.... I can't think of anyone else we've met yet that could be the creator's doll...
    Against that theory...remember when they were using that "gun" that immobilized dolls only and he tried it on his female counterpart to see if she was a doll as she was such a perfect match for him? ....didn't they early on have a kind of broad band version that took down any doll nearby... it didn't have to be pointed directly at the doll? I remember some doll falling down the stairs in the background when they tested it on a doll in the lab.
    They did have an earlier version and Topher wasn't affected. Which might mean that he isn't a doll. But I guess maybe he's programed different. Although I imagine the creator's doll is working at the Rossum HQ.

I wonder, now that Ballard is am imprinted version of himself, will those things affect him like they do the other dolls? And I wonder what part of him they got rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3773569;
    They did have an earlier version and Topher wasn't affected. Which might mean that he isn't a doll. But I guess maybe he's programed different. Although I imagine the creator's doll is working at the Rossum HQ.

I wonder, now that Ballard is am imprinted version of himself, will those things affect him like they do the other dolls? And I wonder what part of him they got rid of.
    I was out of town till last night and just got to watch Friday's episodes. All I can say is "Wow!" I'm glad to hear that Adele is back on team Echo, too!"

I wondered about Topher being the doll version of the founder guy, but I'm not sure what to think. There were things in Epitaph One as well as the other things people have already mentioned that make me think maybe not.

I'm guessing that the thing they took away from Ballard was something to do with how he feels about Echo or something that made Echo feel the way she did toward him.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I love that they're bringing Caroline back into Echo.
    That spoiler wasn't anything that you don't know if you saw the previews, but some people don't like to be spoiled by previews, so I tagged it just to be safe.

So how many more shows are there? Is there just one, or are there several after the beginning of the year?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread