+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3762635;
    I'd apologize for double-posting, but I'm not sure it's a double-post when they're nine hours apart.

I'm amazed that no one else is commenting on how cool the shows were. I just had to come back to say, "Was Enver Gjokaj amazing as Topher, or what?" And how cute was the little flirty crush thing between Topher and Bennett? I'd say that Caroline's former best friend was carrying a pretty big grudge! Do you think that Rossum forced Bennett into working for them after she was found trapped in the explosion--like they forced Caroline into becoming a doll?
    Don't worry I will post but I have to watch the Monk and White Collar season finales and then SGU and Sanctuary and then relax and thoroughly enjoy 2 hours of Dollhouse. I did sneak a peak and saw Victor playing Topher it was delicious. I think he was more Topher then Topher was.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3762635;
    I'd apologize for double-posting, but I'm not sure it's a double-post when they're nine hours apart.

I'm amazed that no one else is commenting on how cool the shows were. I just had to come back to say, "Was Enver Gjokaj amazing as Topher, or what?" And how cute was the little flirty crush thing between Topher and Bennett? I'd say that Caroline's former best friend was carrying a pretty big grudge! Do you think that Rossum forced Bennett into working for them after she was found trapped in the explosion--like they forced Caroline into becoming a doll?
    Gjokaj was amazing! Actors are incredible the way that they transform, I could not do that, but yes, that was very good acting.

Bennett is crazy, who is to say whether her memory is even accurate..... the woman is not right in her head. (The actress though, Summer, is also very good, she has me hating her character! ) There is a lot we don't know about Echo, but I am not convinced that the memory is a true one, Bennett believes it is true, but it may not be accurate.
    Guess we have to watch more episodes, to see how Dollhouse is resolved. I hope they leave it open ended, so it would be possible for another network to take it over.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3762640;
    Don't worry I will post but I have to watch the Monk and White Collar season finales and then SGU and Sanctuary and then relax and thoroughly enjoy 2 hours of Dollhouse. I did sneak a peak and saw Victor playing Topher it was delicious. I think he was more Topher then Topher was.
    LOL. So much good stuff to catch up on!

I hope they finale of Monk ends up on the USA site or Hulu. I cut back my DirectTV channels, and I don't get Monk anymore. I've been watching the last few episodes on Hulu, but neither of the finale episodes is up in either place, and I really want to see them before I get spoiled.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3762660;
    Gjokaj was amazing! Actors are incredible the way that they transform, I could not do that, but yes, that was very good acting.

Bennett is crazy, who is to say whether her memory is even accurate..... the woman is not right in her head. (The actress though, Summer, is also very good, she has me hating her character! ) There is a lot we don't know about Echo, but I am not convinced that the memory is a true one, Bennett believes it is true, but it may not be accurate.
    Guess we have to watch more episodes, to see how Dollhouse is resolved. I hope they leave it open ended, so it would be possible for another network to take it over.
    Did you notice that somewhere in the process of Caroline "remembering" the incident with her friend, she called the friend "Sara?" So if Bennett is the same person, her name has changed, and I was curious about why that would be.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I recorded it as I want to watch it without interruption. I wish SyFy would pick it up, but I haven't much hope, and I don't think there will be the vast fan support that made the Serenity movie possible.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3762685;
    Did you notice that somewhere in the process of Caroline "remembering" the incident with her friend, she called the friend "Sara?" So if Bennett is the same person, her name has changed, and I was curious about why that would be.
    I'd read this before I watched the tape and still did not see/hear that....

And wow, "Victor" as Topher 2.0, was incredible...really nailed the Topher mannerisms.

I have to say Bennett seems like a robot who's coming unwound....the repetitions, etc. I get she's supposed to be a little Asperbergery, but she just seems more OCD.... No criticism of Summer, that's the way the script is written, but it's odd.
    Topher and Bennett together very sweet, including the "almost perfect" line.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3763147;
    I'd read this before I watched the tape and still did not see/hear that....

And wow, "Victor" as Topher 2.0, was incredible...really nailed the Topher mannerisms.

I have to say Bennett seems like a robot who's coming unwound....the repetitions, etc. I get she's supposed to be a little Asperbergery, but she just seems more OCD.... No criticism of Summer, that's the way the script is written, but it's odd.
    Topher and Bennett together very sweet, including the "almost perfect" line.
    I'll have to go back and watch it again and see if I can find it. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought I heard another name. I wasn't totally sure what it was, but it wasn't Bennett.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I don't know about anyone else, but I loved last nights episodes. Also I did not see Ballard helping Echo coming nor did I see Alpha going after Ballard coming. I really hope that they will be able to wrap up things by end of these episodes, or that the show gets picked up by someone else.

I used to be fond of DeWitt....... fierce, mother protector, some morals; they've taken that away. Ugh!

Well, unlike Wrigley - I am not enjoying the show as much, but still feel compelled to watch it. I enjoyed Echo and Paul saving the girl, getting her out of prison and providing her with a new identity. I am intrigued with some storylines. Enjoyed Topher right after he saw Echo transform into Susan getting ready to meet her brother-in-law without his treatment. "I am obsolete. This must be what old people feel like."

I dislike Alpha more every time I see him. Now, I don't know what to think. I hope they end the series with some upliftment, but it could be a sinister, disappointing end. I am really not sure whether I want to watch the show to the end and see that happen.
    I am undecided, I guess I'll wait and see how the next episode goes before deciding.
    All of the twists so far have been dark, darker, darkest....... so not the way I had hoped it would go.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3767460;
    I used to be fond of DeWitt....... fierce, mother protector, some morals; they've taken that away. Ugh!

Well, unlike Wrigley - I am not enjoying the show as much, but still feel compelled to watch it. I enjoyed Echo and Paul saving the girl, getting her out of prison and providing her with a new identity. I am intrigued with some storylines. Enjoyed Topher right after he saw Echo transform into Susan getting ready to meet her brother-in-law without his treatment. "I am obsolete. This must be what old people feel like."

I dislike Alpha more every time I see him. Now, I don't know what to think. I hope they end the series with some upliftment, but it could be a sinister, disappointing end. I am really not sure whether I want to watch the show to the end and see that happen.
    I am undecided, I guess I'll wait and see how the next episode goes before deciding.
    All of the twists so far have been dark, darker, darkest....... so not the way I had hoped it would go.
    I was hoping as I watched last night's show that DeWitt was just faking her transformation into the horrid person she became. I guess time will tell, though there's not much time left.

The spoiler tags are for those who haven't watched Epitaph and don't want to know anything about it.

Click to see Spoiler:
    It's entirely possible things will continue to get darker. They were certainly dark in the scenario in Epitaph, and what's happening now in the show is supposed to be what took things in that direction. The good news is that Ballard was alive in Epitaph.

+ Reply to Thread