+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

I'll put my money on Whedon and company. Firefly was produced on a very small budget and because of its quality, it quickly achieved cult status
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3431818;
    So great to see Alan Tudyk of Firefly as Alpha! As soon as I saw the actor, I knew he was more than just a one-shot guest star.
    He also played Gerhardt in the Sandra Bullock movie 28 Days. His IMDB profile doesn't even mention it, but that was also a brilliant character and at the end of the movie he kind of steals the show. I was surprised the profile said he was from Texas. I thought he was German, lol.

We can't imagine why he is not better known, as he is so talented.

I also think the guy who plays Victor on Dollhouse is very talented. He lucked out with that role, as the various doll assignments really allowed him to show his range this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3452907;
    He also played Gerhardt in the Sandra Bullock movie 28 Days. His IMDB profile doesn't even mention it, but that was also a brilliant character and at the end of the movie he kind of steals the show. I was surprised the profile said he was from Texas. I thought he was German, lol.

We can't imagine why he is not better known, as he is so talented.

I also think the guy who plays Victor on Dollhouse is very talented. He lucked out with that role, as the various doll assignments really allowed him to show his range this season.
    I loved Gerhardt! That last scene really was a show-stealer. I had no idea that was the same actor. He's such a chameleon!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3452914;
    I loved Gerhardt! That last scene really was a show-stealer. I had no idea that was the same actor. He's such a chameleon!
    To avoid taking any chances, I'm going to spoiler tag the following as it might or might not have some bearing on this show.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Alan Tudyk is listed as a recurring character on the new fall pickup, "V", which also stars Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost) and Morena Baccarin (Firefly). Last I heard V has a confirmed pickup of at least six and possibly 13 episodes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3452936;
    To avoid taking any chances, I'm going to spoiler tag the following as it might or might not have some bearing on this show.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Alan Tudyk is listed as a recurring character on the new fall pickup, "V", which also stars Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost) and Morena Baccarin (Firefly). Last I heard V has a confirmed pickup of at least six and possibly 13 episodes.
    Interesting
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Depending on how time intensive his commitment is to that other show, he could probably be on both, since I don't see him being on Dollhouse every week.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I just heard that Joss Whedon will bring Summer Glau on to The Dollhouse next season. He said he isn't planning to make her a doll as that would be too much like River and other rolls she's done. He want to give her something different from what we're accustomed to seeing her do.

So, from Firefly we'll be seeing Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, and Summer Glau next season. Plus David Krumholz of Numb3rs though he appeared in only in one or two episodes and in Serenity. I haven't seen anything for Sean Maher, Jewel Staite, Gina Torres, or Ron Glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3472614;
    I just heard that Joss Whedon will bring Summer Glau on to The Dollhouse next season. He said he isn't planning to make her a doll as that would be too much like River and other rolls she's done. He want to give her something different from what we're accustomed to seeing her do.

So, from Firefly we'll be seeing Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, and Summer Glau next season. Plus David Krumholz of Numb3rs though he appeared in only in one or two episodes and in Serenity. I haven't seen anything for Sean Maher, Jewel Staite, Gina Torres, or Ron Glass.
    I wonder if she will replace the doctor since the actress is already signed on to do anther show???? Josh was hoping to be able to work around the other show and not use her in every episode, maybe that changed?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3472738;
    I wonder if she will replace the doctor since the actress is already signed on to do anther show???? Josh was hoping to be able to work around the other show and not use her in every episode, maybe that changed?
    I don't really know about that, but what I heard was that someone asked Joss if he had plans to cast Summer on Dollhouse since her TSCC show has been cancelled. I got the impression that he was going to create a role for her, but that's just an impression.

Can someone tell em what is going on with this V stuff and the cast from dollhouse?
    I am so confused!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3482902;
    Can someone tell em what is going on with this V stuff and the cast from dollhouse?
    I am so confused!
    I am not aware about anything involving the Dollhouse cast and the new show V. I do know that Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet on Lost) will have a part in the V series, but I am not even sure if she will just be a character in the pilot or regular in series.

Sorry, that really isn't much help!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread