+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3427598;
    You could be right, but why would she be arrested as a doll? I would think the dollhouse and her handler would have gotten well away from anything criminal. Would they have allowed her to be taken into custody as a "doll" ? The dolls are usually well protected, with back-up when necessary, I just couldn't imagine that many arrests as a doll.
    I was thinking that too, unless some weirdo had fantasies involving them being arreested together...but I still thought they hinted that she joined the dollhouse because of her kid...
    ERRR

I love this show!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3427905;
    I was thinking that too, unless some weirdo had fantasies involving them being arreested together...but I still thought they hinted that she joined the dollhouse because of her kid...
    ERRR

I love this show!
    I agree, I think they have suggested that her daughter's (Katie?) death had something to do with her becoming a doll. Perhaps it was the final straw on a sad life..............
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3427905;
    ERRR

I love this show!
    I'm not sure that the implication was that she joined the Dollhouse because of her kid. We may have made that leap, but all the show indicated was that she needed to resolve her feelings about losing her daughter. It's possible that deciding to join the Dollhouse was a combination of wanting to get out of her criminal lifestyle and wanting to get away from a life where tragedy had just occurred.

Finding out that sweet Mellie had a criminal background was certainly an interesting twist.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What's hard to remember is that the person who looks like Mellie, isn't Mellie. The real Mellie is the one whose brain scan they implanted in this doll...who may look totally different.
    Which brings up one of those sticky questions... if someone's "brain" has been implanted into a doll how come they aren't surprised when they look in the mirror? The woman in Echo clearly could see the difference between her old body and Echo's. Normally do they just somehow implant "skills"? It doesn't seem like that, more like they implant a whole persona.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3428844;
    What's hard to remember is that the person who looks like Mellie, isn't Mellie. The real Mellie is the one whose brain scan they implanted in this doll...who may look totally different.
    Which brings up one of those sticky questions... if someone's "brain" has been implanted into a doll how come they aren't surprised when they look in the mirror? The woman in Echo clearly could see the difference between her old body and Echo's. Normally do they just somehow implant "skills"? It doesn't seem like that, more like they implant a whole persona.
    Well, I am just as much in the dark here as you, but I think the programming is "selective" and they have sometimes taken skills, personality etc from multiple individuals to create the doll of choice. The exception to this of course was Echo's last programming in which Adelle's friend deliberately went through over a years worth of scannings so that she could in fact be completely replicated (including the awareness that she would be in another body).

So, if they usually just take martial arts skills from one brain and integrate it with intellect from a genius, personality from a hooker - they have something unique........ plus they may leave memory awareness of physical attributes of original person in the doll as well.

As for Mellie........... I was not surprised in that previous episode when Echo and her sleep group were allowed to regain some of their personal memories and Mellie's personality did retain some of that sweetness. She also had a bit of toughness to her, or maybe that is just my own creativity, but when she walked through that school yard during recess straight through to the cemetery - she seemed stronger to me.

But, I agree with you - it is hard to know what is inherent personality from invested programmed doll Mellie
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3428873;
    Well, I am just as much in the dark here as you, but I think the programming is "selective" and they have sometimes taken skills, personality etc from multiple individuals to create the doll of choice. The exception to this of course was Echo's last programming in which Adelle's friend deliberately went through over a years worth of scannings so that she could in fact be completely replicated (including the awareness that she would be in another body).

So, if they usually just take martial arts skills from one brain and integrate it with intellect from a genius, personality from a hooker - they have something unique........ plus they may leave memory awareness of physical attributes of original person in the doll as well.

As for Mellie........... I was not surprised in that previous episode when Echo and her sleep group were allowed to regain some of their personal memories and Mellie's personality did retain some of that sweetness. She also had a bit of toughness to her, or maybe that is just my own creativity, but when she walked through that school yard during recess straight through to the cemetery - she seemed stronger to me.

But, I agree with you - it is hard to know what is inherent personality from invested programmed doll Mellie
    It would be interesting to go back and watch that episode now knowing that November had a criminal past of some sort and pay more attention to the personality differences. I also remember she was the only one that wasn't at all shy about the co-ed shower situation.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I know this is a stretch, but could it be that all of Mellie's(November's) identities were a result of her different dollhouse jobs. Maybe they have to create an identity with fingerprints, etc. in case something happens and they are arrested or killed.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiegrl91;3431238;
    I know this is a stretch, but could it be that all of Mellie's(November's) identities were a result of her different dollhouse jobs. Maybe they have to create an identity with fingerprints, etc. in case something happens and they are arrested or killed.
    I don't think so. They were mug shots! They also showed her using different identities/assumed names.

Tonight's episode was spectacular!
    What is up with Alpha and who did he turn Caroline into...?
    And I am mad about him cutting up Victor's pretty face!

So great to see Alan Tudyk of Firefly as Alpha! As soon as I saw the actor, I knew he was more than just a one-shot guest star.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread