+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

I really, REALLY hope this show makes it...I thought it was doing well in the ratings/viewership dept. What happened?

I guess we won't know if there will be a Season 2 until there's an official announcement, but I do know something about the not to be aired episode.

Fox Network originally ordered and paid for 13 episodes. Then the network rocket scientists decided one of them, the first episoide, was unviewable and should not be aired. So, Fox paid for 13 episodes and received, by their count 12. 20th Centry Fox TV's DVD contract also specified 13 episodes, so they had to get another one. Thus, the 14th episode was written and will be on the DVD from what I've read. But, 20th Century wants Fox network to help recoupt the expense of the 14th episode by airing it and sharing the expense. The regular season final epi is called "Omega" and the extra episode, which is kind of a standalone coda, is called "Epitaph One."

So, depending on how you figure the math, there are either 12, 13, or 14 episodes of Dollhouse, and which we'll see where I'm not sure, but I'm definitely getting the DVD. I'm not sure if this post helps or just adds to the confusion.

Memo to Joss Whedon: For your next series, please bring it to USA Network or Sci Fi. Fox execs belong in the playpen.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3412235;

Memo to Joss Whedon: For your next series, please bring it to USA Network or Sci Fi. Fox execs belong in the playpen.
    along with the execs from ABC, CBS, and NBC...its gotten to where I am almost afraid to watch a new show for fear I will like it because for some reason these execs seem to think we are still in the late 70's and early 80's before people could choose from 200 channels to watch..they don't seem to get that the days of 20 million watching a show each week on a night are long gone because they have so many choices not to mention DVR's that so many people use because they are busy with other things ..kids..work..etc that they are not home to watch the shows when they air...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3411201;
    I enjoyed the episode a lot and I never suspected Dominic...... I wonder if he is the only one inside?
    I was surprised that DeWitt risked that, and am curious if Roger was dolled into being someone she knew once.....

No wonder Dominic took November to be programmed immediately, one last attempt I guess.

I missed the reason Dominic gave as to "why" he tried to kill Echo the first time........ anyone? Thanks!
    To expand on the bolded...Dominic said that he saw Echo as becoming the next Alpha and he was trying to protect the Dollhouse from something like that happening again.

Didn't Alpha kill the other dolls except for Echo? I know a lot of damage was done to the non-dolls as well, but why would he think she would react the same way? She is a strong activist, but I think he was wrong to think she would respond the same way. If anything, she would protect and safely release the dolls while exposing the dollhouse and it's true motives.

Thanks so much Wrigley and beerbelly - I appreciate the incites you have provided; his response makes sense to me now.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

If anyone's liking the show and concerned that it might be canceled, you can go to Watch with Kristin for April 10th and participate in her "Save your favorite show" poll. She says that Fox is still deciding on Dollhouse, so your votes will help sway their opinion.

She also has a poll for voting on which canceled show to bring back (e.g., Pushing Daisies, Lipstick Jungle, Dirty Sexy Money, Prison Break, etc.).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3413395;
    If anyone's liking the show and concerned that it might be canceled, you can go to Watch with Kristin for April 10th and participate in her "Save your favorite show" poll. She says that Fox is still deciding on Dollhouse, so your votes will help sway their opinion.

She also has a poll for voting on which canceled show to bring back (e.g., Pushing Daisies, Lipstick Jungle, Dirty Sexy Money, Prison Break, etc.).
    I went to the website and voted for Dollhouse hope it helps.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3414108;
    I went to the website and voted for Dollhouse hope it helps.
    I have been voting about 10 times a day..lol...between dollhouse and TSCC

Friday night and no TSCC and no Dollhouse..what am i supposed to watch..lol the watch with kristen has a new article out on Dollhouse today..fun reading about the love connections of dollhouse

Several people on another board have said that Adelle and company did not wipe Echo at the end of the show. I didn't catch that, and it also doesn't make sense to me. Did anyone here see that?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread