+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

I was just coming here to post this very thing. It seems more like a season ender. With next season being something like "Dollhouse : (some tag line)"
    Like they did with the seasons of Prison Break or Heroes.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

From what I've heard, this early reveal is what Whedon had planned all along, and it's purpose is to open up the conflict among the various groups. Only time will tell, but I hope it turns out to be true.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think next week is when the show is going to start getting REALLY interesting. I did think that one guy was hilarious they way he kept apologizing profusely to Echo for trying to set her on fire.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3396344;
    I think next week is when the show is going to start getting REALLY interesting. I did think that one guy was hilarious they way he kept apologizing profusely to Echo for trying to set her on fire.
    That was very funny
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3396344;
    Yeah. That was pretty funny, especially when she doesn't know what he was talking about, so she says, "No problem, really!" or whatever it was that she said.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's show! It sound pretty exciting from the few "I'm not going to spoil you, but it's good" comments I've heard from those who have seen it.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Tonights show was very good.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

CCL

I thought the writing (and acting) was very disjointed & that things just sort of happened haphazardly (no logical progression). Plus a lot of it was not very interesting. Disappointing after last week's great episode.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3402587;
    I thought the writing (and acting) was very disjointed & that things just sort of happened haphazardly (no logical progression). Plus a lot of it was not very interesting. Disappointing after last week's great episode.
    I completely agree. While watching it I was intrigued, thinking when it was wrapped up I would finally "get it" sort of through hindsight but that was not the case.

I understand that the dolls are just a means of making money so that the parent company can do more research; that Ms DeWitt thinks she should be running the entire operation for said parent company, that the dolls were allowed to escape as part of an ongoing experiment to resolve repeating behavioral mistakes. That Echo and others were seduced into becoming dolls by drinking some wicked tea DeWitt likes to serve, but all and all I felt the ending was lame and that I must have completely missed the point.

I assume that Dr Claire is the person who wants to bring down the dollhouse and is the inside person that sent the info to Paul but who knows...........

Perhaps this episode was originally written as series finale, and was reworked because the show was renewed??? Anyway, it felt disconnected and left me unsatisfied.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3404550;
    I completely agree. While watching it I was intrigued, thinking when it was wrapped up I would finally "get it" sort of through hindsight but that was not the case.

I understand that the dolls are just a means of making money so that the parent company can do more research; that Ms DeWitt thinks she should be running the entire operation for said parent company, that the dolls were allowed to escape as part of an ongoing experiment to resolve repeating behavioral mistakes. That Echo and others were seduced into becoming dolls by drinking some wicked tea DeWitt likes to serve, but all and all I felt the ending was lame and that I must have completely missed the point.

I assume that Dr Claire is the person who wants to bring down the dollhouse and is the inside person that sent the info to Paul but who knows...........

Perhaps this episode was originally written as series finale, and was reworked because the show was renewed??? Anyway, it felt disconnected and left me unsatisfied.
    It was made very clear from day one that Echo signed a 5 yr contract to be at the Dollhouse. I have the feeling the majority of the dolls are there voluntarily, Sierra is the only one (that we know about) who seems to be there non voluntarily.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I did like the episode, perhaps because I my favorites shows are those that make me work for an understanding of what's really going on. Lost, Burn Notice, Dollhouse, Fringe, Damages, Leverage and even Chuck do that for me. Those, along with The Mentalist, Numb3rs, Big Bang Theory, and Criminal Minds are my never-miss shows.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread