+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollhouse on Fox

Re: Dollhouse on Fox

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3384165;
    Ouch, that doesn't sound very good. Admitedly it is up against AI, so they may cut it some slack, but still, even for Fox, that can't be good.
    Aren't they both on Fox?

I think Fox expects a show to do really well instantly, or they move on. If Dollhouse does not get the green light for more episodes, will they at least wind it up.... almost like a miniseries then.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Dollhouse is on Friday nights and so Fox should expect a lower number of viewers. That, of course, presumes that Fox executives have a modicum of intelligence, a risky presumption indeed. I really whish Joss would shop his shows to cable stations like USA and SciFi.

I'm really looking forward to the 3/20 and 4/3 shows because Joss has stated that he had a much freer rein with them and they represent more closely what he has in mind.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3384233;
    Dollhouse is on Friday nights and so Fox should expect a lower number of viewers. That, of course, presumes that Fox executives have a modicum of intelligence, a risky presumption indeed. I really whish Joss would shop his shows to cable stations like USA and SciFi.

I'm really looking forward to the 3/20 and 4/3 shows because Joss has stated that he had a much freer rein with them and they represent more closely what he has in mind.
    I think it is doing great for a Friday night..you know ABC messed up when "Men in Trees" did so well on Friday nights so then they moved it and kept moving it around and then it dropped so much because no one ever knew when it was on and it got cancelled so I hope they leave it alone i am enjoying the show ...Josh always comes up with the "off the wall" things that are interesting
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I know you guys are going to laugh at me, because I'm going to be vague about my source, but I know somebody who is close to someone from the show. (Sorry, but I'm not going to get specific. LOL)

When I talked to that person yesterday, she said Dollhouse had gotten 4 million viewers on Friday (I'm pretty sure that I heard a "4") and Fox is really happy and called to congratulate them on how well they're doing.

So maybe there's hope. It seems to be spreading in popularity. I'm starting to hear people talk about hit here and there.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3384225;
    Aren't they both on Fox?

I think Fox expects a show to do really well instantly, or they move on. If Dollhouse does not get the green light for more episodes, will they at least wind it up.... almost like a miniseries then.
    Sorry! Brain scramble!
    Good news that Fox is happy with Dollhouse!

I've been reading everywhere that this week's show is going to astound and amaze. I plan to both watch and record it Friday night.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3386920;
    I've been reading everywhere that this week's show is going to astound and amaze. I plan to both watch and record it Friday night.
    I am sooo looking forward to it! I love this show...I almost want to have it on DVD so I can watch it episode after episode like I did Angel. It's so hard to wait for each Friday!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Yeah, the March 23-29 TV Guide has a nice little plug for Dollhouse. Hopefully it will bring in more viewers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

now that you all are so excited it makes me even more excited for this weeks episode !!!

I am so excited for tomorrows episode and SO SO SO happy that Fox is happy with the show!!! I was so nervous about really falling in love with Dollhouse cause Fox is notorious for cancelling shows that I love (Tru Calling, Point Pleasant, Reunion).

+ Reply to Thread