+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trust Me

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Trust Me

I'm disappointed there's no thread for this show, that does not bode well for the future, does it? FORTIES know good shows. But, "Trust Me", it's great. If you like shows in the vein of SportsNight, West Wing, Studio 60, etc, this is your new favorite show.

I Loved it!!! I laughed so hard and so long at both of the episodes that have aired so far, and I am not in a laughing mood lately.

I love Eric McCormack and the rest of the cast is fantastic. So witty, and with the advertising agency almost playing a character, it is tailor-made for me. It's on cable channels (2 of them!) at 10 pm, so they can get away with a little more, they don't have to reel it in for the sake of the censors.

Mr. Belle has bad hearing, and was playing war games online with his headset on and STILL heard me cracking up in the next room.

Give it a shot, I cannot stand when my favorite shows are cancelled with no real chance.
    Could does not mean should

Re: Trust Me

I've seen 2 episodes of this show so far and I didn't find it laugh out loud funny but I do like it. The little blond that wants her office with a window makes me laugh
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm watching it and enjoying it, too. I'm looking forward to some more character development, but I find it quite entertaining and much more enjoyable than Mad Men, which to me is just another soap opera. I agree that it is quite witty and I, too, loved Studio 60.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

count me in on Studio 60 and I've always had a crush on Tom Cavanaugh (a fellow Canadian)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I was a huge Sports Night fan (this is Dan Rydell along side Casey McCall) sigh I miss it, but I don think I can make the comparison to Trust Me. I think this is because Peter and Josh… Peter and Felicity… Felicity and Robert, etc, all had chemistry that you cant miss.
    I am not feeling that yet (I say with hope) with Eric and Tom.

I am still out on this show however, I don’t dislike it but I'm not in love. I don’t rush to watch it and I’m not stressed if I don’t see it soon after missing it. I do record it, but I don’t watch it for a few days.. still have last nights sitting there and it will be most likely till Friday. I love the fact that Will has found a new home and the Twilight mom is getting a better script to act out (Eric McCormack and Sarah Clarke). I do giggle when I watch Monica Potter (Yay for the Cleveland Girl!). She is all over the map, cranky, ditzy, argumentative, bossy, and often funny... she has been my favorite part of the show thus far.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I like Sarah even more now

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I have 2 weeks yet to watch.. i will prolly catch up on the weekend.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I think I'm about to drop this show, it's really whiney and self-indulgent. I especially loathe Tom Cavanaugh's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3380359;
    I think I'm about to drop this show, it's really whiney and self-indulgent. I especially loathe Tom Cavanaugh's character.
    I really wanted to like this show. I like both Tom Cavanaugh and Eric McCormack, but neither the characters nor the story are appealing to me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I want to like this show - I really do. But I'm sorry, an entire team NEVER having an idea would be FIRED!! This could be a great show - I like both Eric & Tom and their chemistry is good, but they storylines are killing me.

Why did they have to have Mason and Sarah have a history? That adds stupid drama, not real drama.

I do like Monica Potter as Sarah though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast