+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Last Templar

FORT Fogey

The Last Templar

Is anyone else watching this mini-series on NBC?

The first half was tonight--Sunday--and the second half will air Monday night.
    It's a lot of fun--archeology, buried treasure, the Templars, a handsome FBI guy, a strong heroine/archeologist (Mira Sorvino) who really can take care of herself.

Artifacts and maps from the Crusades with battle sequences and dangerous bad guys who are chasing after the archeologist and--oh yes--Manolo Blahnik shoes.

I personally love stories like this and I think they're doing a good job with it.

If you can--tune in for at least a part of the conclusion tomorrow night when they're at the dig in a mysterious location in Turkey.

If you can't tune in--I'm sure it will be out on DVD soon.

It's from a novel by the same name.

Re: The Last Templar

This was on last week on the Canadian channels, I got to see a bit of it but I was busy and I had to run out. I'll be watching. IMDB is billing this as the female Indiana Jones.

Mira Sorvino always looks tired to me - perpetual under-eye bags.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm a little annoyed. I thought this was only on tonight and didn't realize it was a mini-series. I had the DVR set for tonight but I missed last night. It seems pointless to watch tonight if I didn't watch last night. I'll probably wait a few weeks and do a torrent search. I'm sure someone will have it up to download.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I taped last night and will tape tonight and then watch it all at once. I've never been a fan of Mira Sorvino and think she downright stole and was undeserving of the Oscar she won but I like this type of show so will give it a chance.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3289720;
    I'm a little annoyed. I thought this was only on tonight and didn't realize it was a mini-series. I had the DVR set for tonight but I missed last night. It seems pointless to watch tonight if I didn't watch last night. I'll probably wait a few weeks and do a torrent search. I'm sure someone will have it up to download.
    I made the same mistake, but it is available to watch online at The Last Templar - Full Episodes - The Last Templar - Video - NBC.com

The site says it will be available until 2/14/09 and I expect Part 2 will become available there, too.

Hope this helps.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3289737;
    I made the same mistake, but it is available to watch online at The Last Templar - Full Episodes - The Last Templar - Video - NBC.com

The site says it will be available until 2/14/09 and I expect Part 2 will become available there, too.

Hope this helps.
    Sweet! Thanks Florimel!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Florimel--thanks so much for that info!

I'm not usually a big fan of Mira Sorvino either but she is really doing a good job as a strong woman who takes nothing from any perps etc.

And I always enjoy a story based on the Templar myths.

Oh--the actor playing the FBI is kinda cool too. IMO anyway.

(The actor who plays the head of Eli Stone's law firm plays the not-such-a-good-guy Vatican priest. He's doing a great job too. Victor What's-His-Name
    )

FORT Fanatic

Mira Sorvino was wonderful in Whit Stillman's movie Barcelona. (I love Whit Stillman movies. )

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Florimel, you have my thanks too.. I forgot this was on. I will be sure to watch this week on line.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

You're all very welcome. I try to keep up to date on what's been shown online at no charge. Most of the networks are pretty good about making their shows available. The bad expection to this is CBS, which shows only clips of most of their popular shows, so I generally record those I want to see, like Numb3rs and Big Bang Theor on my computer for later watching.

I tend to cut Mira Sorvino a bit of slack since I am a big fan of her father, Paul Sorvino. Only recently did I discover that he's not a bad opera singer.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast