+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Day 2: 3:00 AM-4:00 AM

That's no fun, CG!

Does Kiefer's death this season count as his family's death? I hope not, because I want to see Kim die horribly, painfully, nakedly.

John, I thought that the previews we saw were for the next 4 shows, meaning Kims pivotal role could actually come later.

Of course I could be mistaken.

I'm still liking this show, and I LOVE that Tony busted Michelle the way he did. The mans got a back bone

I didn't think Lynn was dead... did she die while they were putting her in the ambulance?

Loved when the Doctor jabbed the needle in the "just promoted" torture guy.

I can't believe Yusef is dead. That pisses me off.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey

How did Jack bounce back so fast while Lynn is really dead?

cali writes:
    I didn't think Lynn was dead... did she die while they were putting her in the ambulance
    That news came through a telephone call to President Palmer, I believe.

The fact the no living being could have survived a fall from at least three stories up and landing on a tiled floor on the back of the head shows what ridiculous twists the show has taken. They kept Lynne alive long enough so that she could have her last on-screen moment pointing her finger at the Chief of Staff, but the Pres was too overtaken by emotion to even notice.

As for killing off Kim, maybe the guy that murdered his wife will come back and do her in just for ratting on him. Even Jack doesn't seem to care too much about his daughter's whereabouts. He goes from tortured to dead to speeding around in an SUV trying to locate his new honey who stupidly led those men to her house in hopes of wresting the CHIP (argh) away from them. How stupid is this woman?

Is Lynn dead?? I didnt think so, and I really hope not.

I agree with Cali....I think the show is still good! Consider the task undertaken by the writers, actors, production in trying to make 24 consecutive hours interesting. Its hard! You have to have some "silliness", characters dying off, drama, etc. And you have to have some downtime for each charachter. I bought Season 1 on DVD, and in watching the entire season over a week/10 days, I noticed a pattern of "Slow" episodes where not much really happened, except plot development. We are seeing just about every minute in a 24 hour period.....that has to be taken into consideration.

As for Kim....I like Kim! Not just to look at her, but I enjoy slapping my forehead and saying "Dont go with him" or "Just shoot him already!". I guess its the whole "horror movie" idea that the audience knows there is a monster behind that door. but sometimes....its just the cat! lol

Who is going to end up being "behind it all"?? Any guesses? I think its Chappelle.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Re: How did Jack bounce back so fast while Lynn is really dead?

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    He goes from tortured to dead to speeding around in an SUV trying to locate his new honey who stupidly led those men to her house in hopes of wresting the CHIP (argh) away from them. How stupid is this woman?
    She's pretty damn stupid. I think she's trying to de-throne Kim for Queen of the Idiots. And succeeding quite well...
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

As long as no one gets amnesia, it's better than last season.

I wondered about Chapelle, too, but he hasn't been featured at all until this last episode, and I don't think they'd do that to us.

I think whoever's involved has to have been seen frequently. I'm leaning toward Sherry.

Yeah, amnesia WAS a little weak....

I considered Sherry too. But for some reason, I get the impression that she is going to come out smelling like roses on this day. She originally alerted Pres Palmer to the fact that people on the inside of his admin. are working against him. She was working with Stanton, but he ended up a mere pawn in someone elses scheme. And wasn't Mike Novick kind of upset/nervous when she started working with them again?

Chappelle was pushing the "stop looking for Jack and the chip" angle a little hard. From the "high up evil doer" guy's phone call, we know that in order for their "plot" to work out, they need Palmer to declare war. It seemed to me that Chappelle was also working toward that end.

I think this is where the writers shine. You truly dont know until they tell you. We can speculate all we want, but it will always be speculation. Hell, it could be Tony!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I'm pretty sure it's no one in CTU, because that's "been done". I think we'll see someone from the government involved in the end. That's why I think it's Sherry, although Mike could be a good one. I'm not sure if I'd buy it or not.

FORT Fogey

It doesn't pay to be a woman on "24"

posted by holly71
    She's pretty damn stupid. I think she's trying to de-throne Kim for Queen of the Idiots. And succeeding quite well...
    That is the best possible answer, and it bears out my point about the way women are treated on this show. They're either expendable, evil or stupid.

Lynne appeared smart and look where that got her. Jack's wife risked everything including being raped to save the Princess of Idiots, Kim. Paula died. Is Nina in custody or is she dead? Sherry has been alternately portrayed as villainess and misunderstood dumped ex-wife. Carrie is a bitch. Michelle always looks like she's doing something wrong even if she isn't.

Need I go on?

Marie wasn't bad, I mean she was evil, but a good kind of evil.

And that skydiving girl from the first season was really cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast