+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Seeker

Legend of the Seeker

I have caught this show a few times on a local tv station. I think its a really good show but it is coming on at really odd times and I haven't been able to watch it regularly. I am not even really sure what its about. Has anyone else seen it before?
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Re: Legend of the Seeker

There's this nerdy guy I work with that has read all the books and wanted me to watch the show and I have downloaded episodes 1-6 but I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and watch it yet.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

YAY! I love this show and the books. The show is based on The Sword of Truth (book) series by Terry Goodkind and both are excellent (the first book is Wizards First Rule.. which was so good that I read it in freakin Vegas (of all places!) because I couldn't put it down!).
    The show is done by the same people responsible for Xena and Hercules and resembles them in many ways except for the heavy comedy factor (especially towards the middle-end of both Xena and Hercules). Like most book to screen transitions there are several changes in the storyline, and the producers have certainly taken many liberties with the original plot (they have also created entirely new ones, which makes for new stories for us readers, so kudos to that)). For the most part, however, the characters are pretty much spot-on and the original story (or quest, if you will) is presented. YAY again!!!

I thought Seeker reminded me of Xena and Hercules but I was never a big fan of those shows. I do like this show. And I think the two main characters are beautiful. I just wish I could find it on more regularly.
    So what is the quest? I've only seen two episodes and I know enough to know the seeker is someone really important but not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3268657;
    I thought Seeker reminded me of Xena and Hercules but I was never a big fan of those shows. I do like this show. And I think the two main characters are beautiful. I just wish I could find it on more regularly.
    So what is the quest? I've only seen two episodes and I know enough to know the seeker is someone really important but not sure why.
    Each book is a different 'major' quest but the prevailing arc is simply providing peace, fairness and justice for the midlands and other areas.
    The first book (and first season) focuses on defeating Darken Rahl, the ruler (or despot) of the D'Haran empire. In the book you get a lot of background and info on D. Rahl--he is a pretty crappy dude who has lots of power (he is also a wizard-more powerful than Zedd (who is a wizard of the first order (the only one)) and is trying to take over the world. As the SEEKER OF TRUTH (they leave out 'of truth' a lot in the televised version) Richard is sort of pre-ordained to seek out injustice and destroy the perps of such crimes. He is armed with inherent abilities to percieve falsehoods. Most importantly, Richard holds the Sword of Truth, which, in the hands of a true 'seeker of truth,' is a magical (and quite formidable) weapon.
    If you'd like more background just let me know. Hope this helps!

Thanks Mindy! That helps a lot! And just as I was reading your post I caught the first promo for it. Its on Sundays at 11pm on CW. That is not a good time slot. But at least I know where I can catch it regularly even though I know I've seen it on earlier then that. Must have been a rerun.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3271668;
    Each book is a different 'major' quest but the prevailing arc is simply providing peace, fairness and justice for the midlands and other areas.
    The first book (and first season) focuses on defeating Darken Rahl, the ruler (or despot) of the D'Haran empire. In the book you get a lot of background and info on D. Rahl--he is a pretty crappy dude who has lots of power (he is also a wizard-more powerful than Zedd (who is a wizard of the first order (the only one)) and is trying to take over the world. As the SEEKER OF TRUTH (they leave out 'of truth' a lot in the televised version) Richard is sort of pre-ordained to seek out injustice and destroy the perps of such crimes. He is armed with inherent abilities to percieve falsehoods. Most importantly, Richard holds the Sword of Truth, which, in the hands of a true 'seeker of truth,' is a magical (and quite formidable) weapon.
    If you'd like more background just let me know. Hope this helps!
    Yep. That's pretty much what my nerdy friend at work told me AD NAUSEUM so I figured I would watch it so my eyes wouldn't glaze over anymore while he's talking I still haven't gotten around to watching it. All 7 episodes are just sitting on my laptop waiting to be watched!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

HaHa-- well, it actually is a pretty good show (although I love the books) so check it out- its been moved to Saturdays!

Did this show not come on last weekend? I'm sad!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

mine recorded 2? I am not sure what station it recorded from however.. i still ahvel ike 8 to watch.. maybe more. I have been too busy to sit down and catch up on it
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast